or Connect

Posts by momsgotmilk4two

Yes, I'm happy with being a sahm. Dh doesn't care if I ever go back to work, even with all of the kids in school, as long as we're doing okay financially. I have never felt guilty about spending money. My dh also likes his job and I doubt he'd want to trade places with me, just as I don't want to trade places with him. My kids are also very spirited so I never feel like I am getting off easy. Maybe I'd feel guilty if they were all very easy going and I felt like I was...
Quote: Originally Posted by jess12808 like the Real Housewives of Orange County LOVE that...Wish that was me some days.. I AM a real housewife of the OC and I wish my life looked like thiers too That show cracks me up since even here, it is such a small percentage of people living that way. Fun to see how the "other half" lives though. Most days I just try to focus on how fortunate we are, but sometimes after visiting someone's nice, large...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce The rest of us ... whether at 40k or 100k ... the tendency to say "oh, it's not so much" is nagging at me a little bit. I'm not dripping gold, and neither are you. I'm not 100% debt-free, and neither are you. I'm not driving fancy cars, living in mansions, or sitting on huge nest eggs, and neither are you. But we're still affluent ... we're still incredibly blessed. This is true too. I feel really lucky...
Quote: Originally Posted by LolaK So I have to ask, everyone who posted saying their household income is over $100K also pointed out that they are struggling in some way, or don't have new things, or aren't extravegant. What is wrong with making a good income? Why do you guys sound almost guilty about having money?? We make 91K a year, not quite 100, but I'll bite. In the area where I live, it doesn't really feel like we make a lot of money. ...
I totally understand what you are saying. I think unless you've lived in a neighborhood where vandalism by teens is prevalent on Halloween, you really just don't get it. When I was 18 I went tot'ing in costume, was polite, complimented all of the kids on thier costumes and let the little ones go ahead of me at the door. I don't think that is the type of thing the OP was referring to. After reading this thread I didn't realize how bad it got in some places. I have...
My kids would be cool with non candy items. I think they'd especially like cool pencils, stickers, or temporary tatoos. I'm not sure about the older kids, but I've never heard of any houses around here getting vandalized...
I read the article and I'm a southern CA parent as well. Honestly, here you really do have to do your homework on the schools before you move somewhere. Of course it is terrible that there are so many bad districts out there in the public school system, but yes, they do have to limit transfers. Part of the reason we live where we do is because of the reputation of the schools.
You know the recitation of the pledge and the songs don't bother me so much, but that poster is over the top, imo. I'm not one to make waves over "little" things but that poster would kind of stick in my craw. I am agnostic and so far we haven't had any issues at the school. The kids do recite the pledge with the "God" bit included but that is the extent of God in the classroom.
Quote: Originally Posted by PinksMommy I wanted to add that I live in a suburban area that is pretty upscale and conservative in a very red state. It is not crunchy or predominatly lower-class, but teenage pregnancy is still very common and to my knowledge isn't treated negatively. One of my friends is my age and her DD is 4. She was married and had her in high school and finished school. When she graduated, her principal begged her to carry her dd...
My best friend was 17 when she had her first and is a great mom. I had ds 1 when I was 23, so I got a few, "Oh you look so young" comments, but nothing disapproving. I try to be extra nice to younger moms just because I know how much crap they get from everyone else!