or Connect

Posts by momsgotmilk4two

I agree with those saying that raising environmentally consious children who will contribute to society in a beneficial way and are being raised with love is more important than basing # of children on population theories. My family with three kids where we recycle, try not to buy too many prepackaged things, use cloth diapers and drive less environmentally damaging cars are probably having less of a negative impact on the environment than a lot of people where I live who...
I think you were being extorted for a weekend of free babysitting. There is a BIG difference between 15 and 9. That difference is huge. Her other two are not your children's ages, so it totally makes sense for the 15 yr old to be invited as a companion for your teenage son. SIL should be able to explain that to her kids. My kids are close in age, and we have already run into this. When they get invited to birthday parties by kids from school, siblings are not...
My favorite by far have been fuzzibunz. They are trim and don't leak and are an easy system, especially if you're used to disposables. For part time with twins, you'd probably need 24. That is how many I had for one baby full time. If you do laundry every day, you might be able to get by on 12. To me though, it's almost pointless to cd part time. If you're putting them in cloth for part of the day, it might as well be all day, kwim? It's really not difficult Unless...
That stinks I think if whoever it is advirtises here, the site should do more about it.
Well, we're going to have a pretty relaxed summer. I have lots of trips and fun places planned for us and we'll be hanging out at the pool quite a bit. But yes, there will be "homework" this summer. I don't want ds to get behind on his reading. We'll probably join the libraries summer reading program and check out early reader books, to keep him motivated. I also want to read Stewart Little to him and maybe some Beverly Cleary too. So we'll keep on learning in a fun way
Quote: Originally Posted by pookel I have always been bothered by Hobby Lobby's policy on Sundays. To me, they're sending the message that they don't care about working moms' business. SAHMs can go shopping anytime - it's working parents who need to go on the weekends. Also, of course, Sunday is only "worship time" if you're a Christian. I think that a huge stretch. Plenty of working moms go shopping after work or on thier lunch break. It...
I worked in a daycare and don't think it was bad for the kids there. I won't say it is better than having a sahp, meaning I wouldn't put my kids in daycare if I didn't need to work, but it was a good experience for the kids. We had fun with them, they were comfortable and happy and even loved there I am a sahm now, but not because I thought daycare was horrible, simply because this is what I want to be doing and we are not under financial strain.
I think just to avoid putting any blame on her, you might want to say something like, "I know how ds sometimes gets interested in violent things like that car accident or the Gladiators he was asking you about. Even though he is interested in these things, I am concerned about him having these images in his head at such a young age. When subjects like that come up with him, we try to steer him away from them and not give him any information. We'd apprecaite it if you...
Technically, our agreement is that we both work, my primary responsibility is to the kids, and housework is secondary. I do what I have time for. Practically speaking, I do end up doing the vast majority of the housework, simply because I am here. When ds 3 is sleeping, and the other two kids are occupied I have time to get housework done, so I do it. I'd rather not wait until he gets home in the evening. For one, the boys want to play with him and want his undivided...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna A beautiful home is way less important to me than a happy child. I know I won't look back in 20 years and say, I wish my house was cleaner and prettier. And I never want to look back and say I wish I'd spent more time with my kids. -Angela I find myself repeating this mantra everyday Especially after visiting the homes of friends who have more money than I do to decorate and a housekeeper to boot. I...