or Connect

Posts by momsgotmilk4two

As kids get older, they will want less holding and demand less attention. It's hard to imagine that you will have a big kid who plays independantly when your baby is only 4 months old, but it happens I actually had 2 close in age (19 months apart) and in some ways found that easier than having them further apart. The needs were much the same. I nursed them both, held them both (I got very strong, lol) and slept with them both, one on each side, at least some of the...
Ease of installation is a BIG plus on the Britex seats. I have installed both the Britex Roundabout and Marathon in 4 different cars and got a rock solid fit each time. I've used both LATCH and the regular belt and had excellent results with both. The Britex seats are the ONLY seats that I can get tight enough. All the other seats that we have had, I have had to have my dh install them. We've had Graco and Evenflo infant seats, a Graco convertible, and 2 different...
The reason I first got Britax was because they were so easy to use. We had another seat and were VERY unhappy with it. It was hard to install and the straps twisted so badly that I could not untwist them without taking the seat apart. I bought the Britax because the straps were made of a different material. Yes, the straps in my son's seat caused me so much distress that I was willing to pay $200 just to avoid that problem:LOL That was about 5 years ago and we've only...
Quote: Originally Posted by nomadmom Yes! This mom is exploring TCS, and I understand where she is coming from. However, I don't think it's fair to expect young children to get it. I agree. If she wants to do this with her child, then she and her child will just have to accept the fact that not very many people will want to play with them. What a total turnoff. I think that talking with the child beforehand about what he wants to share and...
I think as long as you are not keeping them from their grandchild or getting in the middle of them too much, then you're doing your job of fostering a relationship. What more can you do? It sounds like the grandparents in your case are trying to blame you for something that you have no control over. I tend to agree with you that your mom needs to just relax and the bond will likely come. Your dd could be all about mommy or daddy right now but might focus more on...
Ear piercing is not something I get worked up about. It just isn't that big of a deal and there are so many other things to get up on the old soapbox about. The pain is so minimal and short lived (I have had a total of 8 ear piercings, a tounge piercing, and a navel piercing). I vaccinate my kids because *I* feel it is to thier benefit and a baby isn't going to understand the difference between vaccination pain, getting teeth filled, or getting ears pierced. When I ask...
Most of the people I know still have 2, but I have noticed that a lot are having three now, it's true. I only know a few people who have stopped at 1 and half of them only stopped because of fertility issues. We have stopped at 3. We always knew we wanted to have three kids
I have about 4 days worth. I have always kept a stash of at least 24 dipes so that I don't have to wash too often. I only wash every 3-4 days though, but I do rinse out the poop with a minishower.
Absolutely. He still sees our kids as babies until at least 2 and wouldn't even think about weaning until 2.5 or so when they really start looking like a "kid" as opposed to a baby. He was making weaning comments when our oldest was 3 or so, but didn't have a problem with child lead weaning. Part of the issue was that I complained about our son's VERY frequent nursing (upwards of 15 times a day at age 3.5) and I finally did wean him around that time, even though CLW was...
Will has had a bowl cut since he had enough hair to do it with (probably about two or so). He is five and a half now. I'd like it a little longer, more of a surfer shag, but it gets funny when it grows too far past his neck for some reason. Here's a picture. http://members.cox.net/mom22boys/images/santaboys.jpg My middle ds has a short cut because of the texture of his hair. I ended up buzzing it when he was under two just because he'd had so many bad haircuts. His...