or Connect

Posts by mom0810

Yes and no... but this is a forum for discussion- we are not putting out articles, as she did.  This is moms talking to each other.  So kind of an apples to oranges comparison.     We haven't mocked her, I don't think.  I think it's more picking apart the "facts" of the article, which was put out for public consumption.  
She is most definitely a real person.  I found her on Facebook, and as I said she has a youtube video that was posted on another thread where she is talking about her struggle with bipolar disorder.     I don't feel bad talking about her in the least- she put this out there, and is calling parents who make different choices than her irresponsible.  So no- I don't feel bad.  She put this out there, with all of the holes and all of the inaccuracies... so she made herself...
It just doesn't make any sense for a woman who lives in England to be working for the CDC?  Wouldn't she live stateside, at least, and probably closer to Atlanta?  
She's not the same Amy Parker who works for the CDC.  The author of the article lives in England.  She does NOT work for the CDC.  She is a piano teacher.  Dr. Tenpenny posted that she thought they could be the same person, but a quick look at the pictures shows that she obviously is not.     That said, I think her article is full of holes- one of those being that she was born in 1977- in the UK- and they did not even vaccinate for mumps in the UK until 1988.  Also,...
I agree- I think she is flat-out lying.  I saw her Youtube video where she talks about having bipolar.  It leaves me wondering how much of this article was written because she resisted Western medicine for so many years, and is now taking her pills... and so feels she owes her life to pharma and medicine, and feels a sense of wanting to be forgiven for turning away from it for so long?  I hope that makes sense...   I also think the article reads almost as if she were...
I replied to it and was promptly told that parents who don't vaccinate are irresponsible and shouldn't have kids.  Ooops.  I always regret posting on those things.     The article is so full of holes it's not even funny.  
I'm sorry, I meant that it might have *become* that way.  
I honestly just think he's a higher needs baby- personally, I think the Primal Wound is B.S.  I am an adoptee, adopted at birth, and by nature was always an "easy" baby.  My brother, also adopted at birth, was a "higher needs" baby.     I think you are trying to read too much into this- he is completely fine.  He's not reacting to being adopted, and you are doing a wonderful job.  I would NOT read books like the Primal Wound, which is based on junk science and junk...
You have to be okay with her not wanting contact.  Even if it was an open adoption, the level of contact may have been nil- because she may have wanted it that way.  As an adoptee, I can tell you it was a very unwelcome intrusion into my life- the birth family wanting a lot of contact, saying "we love you," stuff like that.  They don't know me- how can they love me?  They love the "idea" of me- but they don't know me as a person.     I would say to leave your contact...
I'm an adoptee, and if you want my honest advice, I would not contact her, I would instead allow her to come to you IF she chooses to do so.  She might not.  I am 40 years old, and just had contact over the summer with my birth family, and they REALLY wanted to get to know me, where I just wanted information like health stuff, etc.  I have a mom- I didn't want another, and I really felt weird about the contact and the super-welcoming attitude of my half-sisters.  It felt...