or Connect

Posts by St. Margaret

We talk about it! We are overwhelmingly white so it's awkward for me and dh but we suck it up, lol. I read the worst thing you can do is not talk about it, that statistically results in the most biased kids later! We talk about it, what it means and doesn't mean, and we have dolls and books that show diversity too. I like antiracist parent and incultureparent for learning about how to raise my kids to be respectful and loving of all people, and eventually aware of their...
I am not a perfect ap/NFL mom, but mdc is where I go to be inspired and learn better ways. And yes, people get passionate because they research and see all the studies pointing out the benefits of ap/NFL. I don't think we should feel bad about ourselves but realize everyone has different circumstances and priorities. I just stopped using my divacup. I literally can't handle it right now, when baby cries for me in the bathroom. It takes too much concentration to not make a...
The awesome coop not too far away costs about $4000/yr here, 3 partial days per week, 10 months. Yay san Diego cost of living! We are probably hsing.
Just hugs, mama. I hope you have a peaceful night.
I nursed dd to sleep for a long time. When she was two I sometimes put limits on it but would sing until she was asleep (she was getting older so I got the creepy crawly get off my body feeling of you know it mamas) plus then I was pregnant. Now we sing her down. She can fall asleep but it's nice
Ds slept great at first and is now NOT but it's likely hunger/teething/developmental interruptions... Enjoy it!
We have it and I haven't really tried to fully pull it over-- but it seems like it takes two hands. Pita while hopping out with the baby and dd. But I toss it over the buckles. A towel or blanket would be easier bc this bunches up. But like I said I haven't tried to properly use it yet
Exactly! And so the hunt for interesting reading continues. She is very happy with more elaborate picture books right now so that's great, but she keeps pushing at chapter books. What we do a lot of is read it to her, then she reads bits of it to herself afterwards , for weeks on and off. And bc she knows the story it's satisfying for her. Just trying to meet her at the point where interest and ability cross... Bc she loves to read on her own. (but we still read a ton...
This is an interesting question. I feel like dd can read almost anything (she reads flower fairy poems on her own and comprehends the personification of summer and etc, and knows crazy words by sight I guess), but her stamina is more limited. So she can easily read half a chapter of a rainbow magic book that's listed at grade four or five, but she's never actually read through one on her own. I should try having her read a bit every day... But we just read to her Anyway...
Yeah chiro is always a good idea for any mysterious frustrating baby behavior! So many miracle stories! Sometimes you HAVE to drive. Hello CA, suburbia, no bike lanes... Also to keep us all sane we have to go out. Ds might fuss in the car but it's a trade off for guaranteed crying stuck at home day after day. Plus big sis needs to go places. And my dd used to fuss and cry but got over it gradually and became a SUPER traveler. She does all day car rides with ease now....