or Connect

Posts by St. Margaret

I think Reclaiming Childhood is another book with info about how it changes play for the worse. That said we avoided for the first three years or so and then just kids clothes at the park had taught dd all the characters, or books at the library I couldnt always steer dd away from, and we have watched some PBS kids on sick days and very select Disney movies now on movie nights. But we still have rules about not wearing them etc and it's balanced nicely and dd is so...
I know for me I have tension with my mil bc we just do not naturally mesh and hat is disappointing to me, so I admittedly get a bit testy just thinking about her. I'm he kind of person who can make friends with anyone and always look for the best. But if someone insists on being mean then I tend to cast them as a villain and stop caring about what they think and cut them out of my life bc hey life's too short and there are plenty of amazing people to spend it with! Well...
This has got to be cultural--like how certain wedding traditions are considered "tacky" by many but are fine in certain regions or circles. But around here it is definitely not normal to swear in public and definitely around children. I think it's sad if its becoming standard for the world. It's jus about consideration. Of course people have freedom of speech but that doesn't mean it's polite. I would never call the cops about foul language but can't we have a little...
Well it would bother me. If people are going to judge my kid and me if she starts saying the f word (and they would around here) then they need to not say it in front of my little parrot. People are free to talk as they like but I'm free to ask them to be considerate and around here it's just not acceptable manners to swear like that, in public/general company. There's a time and a place. It's like how I tell my students they can write and speak one way with their...
It's not the stork is great!
Aishamama maybe that's all normal but it's great to read and he sounds like such a fun kid. That is cool about prime!
Dd (3) is writing books now. They tend to last about one sentence (but she narrates them all day and acts them out). Yesterday she wrote "wunc upon u time there wuss u beutufrl buk" and then described how "we zoom into the book and then there's the story of Lauren and the goblins..." so maybe she's actually writing screenplays,lol. She has this character Lauren who is eight and visits the fairies and she makes up these violent battles of squishing goblins but also this...
This thread is making me crack up! Also I'm pretty sure dd is headed for this club. Oh joy.
My baby didn't gag but we would have mashed up sweet potatoes at that age. Like she ate from what we were eating, and I just mashed our roasted sweet potatoes, chopped off the soft teeny bits of broccoli, etc. If baby is nursing on cue there is no reason to stress over food. Dd didn't ingest a real amount of food til closer to a year. I would make applesauce for us both but also just quickly dice apple or let her suck on a whole one. I agree every baby is different but...
As always, love reading these. Dd read aloud a whole chapter of a magic treehouse book yesterday. You could discern when she started flagging after a couple pages. She finished it in two sittings. Of course she'll sit and listen to a whole book and then some. She was also reading the flower fairy poems not from the matching cd and making up tunes for them. I remember when a mo Willems book was too long and I can't believe the poetic syntax doesn't confound her. She...