or Connect

Posts by XanaduMama

You can get prenatal yoga dvds, and there's at least one available instantly on Netflix. Or you can just take regular yoga classes and adapt the moves/positions as necessary. I did regular yoga until 35w with #1. As for the desk job, I really recommend getting a yoga/exercise ball to sit on, instead of your desk chair. Not only are they more comfortable (at least for me!), but the circular pelvic motions and open-leg position they encourage are great for promoting good...
    I've been meaning to post about this too. Interested to hear any responses!
I think that stretch marks are like the amount of weight one puts on during pregnancy: largely a matter of genetics. I have very few stretch marks, I think--certainly none that are very noticeable or troubling (and this after two pregnancies). I never really did anything to try to prevent them   As for my belly button...it always approaches flat, but I've never had it pop all the way to an outie! (Thank goodness--I think that would freak me out!)
If I were you, I would work hard at fetal positioning. Not sure whether this was the case with your first (though the back labor and weird contraction pattern suggest to me that baby was posterior or otherwise malpositioned for at least some of the time), but even slight malpositioning can be a reason for going post-dates (though I agree that maybe you just bake longer!). So make spinningbabies your religion, find a great chiropractor, avoid soft couches/chairs in your...
I have negative associations with the name, both because of the awful character (she wasn't so much feisty as bratty!) and because of the warts! But the name itself...not so bad, though it reminds me of Veronica, which I don't much like (just a personal preference). I like that it's so unique! Are there any obvious nicknames you could imagine?
Yeah, dd will probably be under 40lbs at 5 or 6, at this rate (she's 4 today and weighs about 34lbs), but ds was over 40lbs and 40" by 3, at least. So you never know.   I'm honestly shocked to see dd's little preschool friends (aged 2 or 3) in booster seats :( ds is 6, weighs 51lbs and is very tall, and he'll be in his Nautilus until he outgrows it. Hopefully he'll be closer to 8 by then, but it may be sooner depending on how fast he grows. I'm ok, now, having him in a...
Did you have ACL surgery?   The relaxin will definitely make your remaining ligaments looser, so you should be careful about injuring the meniscus, for example, which is already under greater strain now that the ACLs are injured (dh went through this last year and ended up getting surgery after first tearing his ACL, not getting treated, and then later tearing the meniscus). You might want to talk to an orthopedist about whether a brace would be helpful or not--I...
Obviously, precisely because it's the smallest convertible on the market, it's likely not going to last you all the way through the car seat years--40lbs is a very low max weight for a FF seat, and your kid may outgrow it by height before s/he hits that weight. But since, @lbkw, you already have a bunch of Nautiluses (Nautili?), you're already prepared for that contingency! Just something to keep in mind for everyone else.  
Oh, and Radians have side impact protection as well. From their website: Do all of Diono car seats have side impact protection? Yes, all Diono car seats provide reinforced side-impact protection, and some models offer the increased protection of an adjustable head support.  Currently, there is no North American or European regulatory side-impact testing requirement.  A manufacturer can make the claim of “side-impact safety” without meeting any standard. Diono’s RadianRXT...
Oh, I don't think (I'd hope not) that any of the seats offer recline in RFing installation--that would definitely be unsafe, plus probably unnecessary (since the RFing angle prevents the head-slumping issue anyway). FFing, I think several seats have a recline option--certainly ds's Graco Nautilus does. The angle thing is less important in FF install, anyway, within certain limits.