or Connect

Posts by XanaduMama

I really feel that weight gain is something that, in the absence of other factors, we are just predisposed to. I gained the same amount with both my last two babies, and it happened to be pretty low despite my not focusing on being particularly healthy in terms of eating (I mean, I tried to eat healthy, but I definitely ate icecream and stuff as well)! I'm gaining slowly this time as well after losing 11-odd lbs in the first trimester. It sounds as though your body is...
#HPnerdalert: Her name is Hermione, which is an awesome name, IMO (also Shakespearean--Hermione is the heroine of A Winter's Tale), but will never (or, for a long time to come) be usable without the HP association, boo!   But I agree--the associations we have are funny and so personal, which is why it's so infuriating to me when dh vetoes names because of a random association he has with some person he knew long ago and/or vaguely with this name. I think he thinks people...
ITA with this. She's really not getting enough sleep, which accounts for the general whininess and irritability during the day, especially during the morning. (My kids are 6 and almost 4, and they're in bed by 7:30 (and dd4 is usually asleep soon thereafter) and don't wake up until sometime between 6 and 7am. If they're up even an hour late, it's hell to pay the next day!) It's unreasonable that the daycare makes 4 and 5yos take long naps in the afternoon. Can you talk...
My husband is exactly the same way...so infuriating. We also had no trouble naming #1; #2 wasn't too hard; but I think we've run out of names And boy names are so much harder!LOVE Luna, btw!! Was she born at the full moon? I was secretly planning to use it as a girl's middle name, but the bean turned out to be a boy. What about Sirius for your son, just to continue both the Harry Potter and Latin traditions?!
@LeaPea, maybe you need to expand your criteria? If your dh hates all your Latin name suggestions, maybe you should try dropping that limitation and just find some names you like? Even trying Italian/Spanish/French names might help, as I'm betting most of those are Latin in origin...
It's WAY too early to be worried about positioning. They don't settle into a position until around the third trimester, when their heads are heavy enough for gravity to play a part (and even then, they can move around). Doctor doesn't know what he's talking about--there's nothing he could know that would lead him to believe that baby's going to stay breech. I've done a bit of reading about anterior placenta and positioning, and I think the anxiety is overblown--there...
Altair, your pics are so amazing! Made me cry. You are a beautiful laboring woman, and your dp is extremely cute too
Oh, and baby probiotics, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and other thrush/yeast remedies
To add to the above: Warm mist humidifier Baby Vicks (for the soles of their feet) Vitamin C tabs (1,000mg) for you--baby will get some through your breastmilk Ditto vitamin D3 I would keep some infant Motrin (dye free) on hand, just in case Infants don't need much; as they get older and more mobile, you'll definitely want band-aids & peroxide, arnica, and teething tabs on hand Maybe research some colic/tummy remedies as well--gripe water and so forth. There came a...
I think it's a boy, too! (And how exciting to think about birth announcements and sharing the early newborn days with each other here! Eek!)