or Connect

Posts by XanaduMama

You guys are looking AMAZING! Wow.
I haven't even been able to read this whole thread! I'm so suggestible with food these days that I know it would just create new unbearable cravings Even this last page has made me want all of these yummy things... Those of you who know or suspect your baby's sex, do you see any correlation with your cravings? I wanted chocolate-flavored things with ds; craved protein big-time with dd (to the extent that I fell off the vegetarian bandwagon ). This time (boy) it's...
You should talk to some midwives. Breech is definitely not an automatic reason for a c/section, especially if it's the relatively uncomplicated frank breech rather than footling. Whether they're allowed to attend such a birth, or feel comfortable with it, will depend on specific laws in FL and their own individual level of experience with breech births. You should also research the risks and benefits of vaginal breech deliveries for yourself.   I don't know much...
I would love to have a professional photographer there this time. After two births, I really regret not having more photos of the most important experiences of my life! (Same with BFing--it's amazing, given how much time I've spent BFing, that there are almost no photos of it!) But it seems soooo expensive, from the very minimal research I've done   dh has said that he'll play photographer this time (I really don't need him much for direct support, so I'd love it if he...
I know, Vancouver is crazy (but such an amazing city!). We feel lucky here in Portland to be in a sort of oasis of affordability on the West Coast--while it's pricey compared to some places in the South, where we were before, it's soooo much more affordable than LA, SF, Seattle or YVR. We could afford a mortgage payment on a decent house; just that pesky down payment standing in the way! And yes, we'd be first-time homebuyers, but I haven't found any no-down payment...
That is so great for you! Where we were living before (small-town MS), I think we could have gotten one of those loans (plus,  of course, houses are cheap!), but we're obviously not eligible here in Portland. (Still much better to be living here, though ). I don't think we're eligible for any of the other standard no-down-payment mortgages (which are mostly for low-income families, it seems). I'm thinking about maybe just going to talk to a mortgage broker or a loan...
Is the USDA loan the one for buying in "rural" areas?
We were talking in the other thread about labor techniques, and this is one place I use my yoga breathing: getting my BP checked. Mine is always quite low (too low, sometimes), but I do have white coat hypertension on occasion and doing the yoga breathing has become a ritual that I believe helps avert it. So if you're not already doing yoga, or practicing your mindful breathing in preparation for labor, it might be worth starting!   If I were you, though, I would start...
I know, I adore Wren. I can't use it (since baby is a boy), so you have to!
Bump! This thread is way too quiet This is hypothetical, bc there's virtually no chance dh will agree (and I'm not sure I would even choose it, at this stage), but I need a name/gender opinion. To me, bird names seem to be strongly female, for some reason. But what do you think about Lark as a middle name for a boy? Too feminine? Other "nature" names for a boy?