or Connect

Posts by XanaduMama

Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Midwives here have an u/s tech they refer to... Does your midwife not have that? Or a friendly OB? good luck! -Angela That's what happened with us--I got the 20wk ultrasound, and we just went to an ultrasound clinic with my MW as referring provider. She was under the radar in my state, but it wasn't an issue, and insurance paid for it happily (even though they didn't cover my HB). You could also...
YES! Being in the water is miraculous. During transition with dd, at the peak of the contractions I started arching up out of the water...until I realized that emerging from the warm water made them a hundred times worse! It's also great to be able to labor/birth in any position that feels comfortable, as the water supports you--so squatting, for example, was totally comfortable. Not sure about the garden tub, but I think others on here have done that. As long as you're...
Antibiotics actually impede the immune system's work, so it sounds as though you're caught in a vicious cycle. They destroy the "good" bacteria in the gut, which are the main line of defense against invading bugs. Here's what I'd suggest: - give him loads of probiotics to replace the flora that have been killed; - boost his immune system with vitamin C and fish oil, if he's old enough (Hyland's makes a baby vitamin C supplement) - visit a chiropractor: a chiro adjustment...
dd smiled on her second day! And smiled in her sleep a LOT from the beginning. ds was a very serious baby, didn't smile till 5 weeks and rarely after that.
After being cleaned up and stitched etc, I walked upstairs on my own, ran myself a bath and soaked. Then my mom made us all breakfast, and baby and I took a nap while dh and ds ran an errand. We pretty much all hung out on the couch the rest of that day, cuddling with dd and watching March Madness on tv! Best day ever. :
Another vote for the chiropractor. My first thought, reading your post, was overactive letdown. Could he be struggling with the strong letdown, which could cause him to pop off as well as leading to gas/abdominal discomfort (foremilk imbalance)? http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html Keeping him upright for that long after feeds seems like a lot to me, unless you definitely have reflux problems. I'd keep him up long enough to burp, and then let him...
It definitely exists, it's definitely painful, and it can be damaging if left untreated. The question is what causes it...that's where there might be a range of opinions. In our case, it was definitely triggered by food intolerance. ds was on meds, which absolutely eased the pain but didn't stop the actual refluxing--that only went away once I quit dairy/soy. Our ped was supportive of "natural" approaches, but wanted to prescribe meds once the LO started aspirating the...
The book Super Baby Food has a recipe for a "super porridge" that includes many possible grains, other than rice. http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/...-porridge.html For the record, I'm not opposed to cereals in general (my kids eat a lot of oatmeal!); only to the overprocessed rice cereal that's constantly pushed as a first food.
ds didn't sleep longer than 2 hours at a stretch until we nightweaned around 20mo, when I was newly pg and exhausted. Over the next few months (still cosleeping) his sleep improved until he started STTN (I kid you not) 2 weeks before dd was born. That said, he's now 39mo, still in our room, and wakes at least once a night. I don't expect it to improve any time soon...though I must say that things are MUCH better now than at 20mo. Hang in there!
ds was a suck-aholic, and really into his pacifier (despite my similar prenatal oaths against ever using one...). It's really not such a big deal--if it makes him happy, and he's well-fed and changed and otherwise good to go, then why not? I got over the sanitary fetish pretty quickly--once they're old enough to drop them on the floor, they're old enough to consume floor germs, IMO). He gave it up on his own around 6mo, so no worries there.