or Connect

Posts by hotmamacita

Quote: Originally Posted by marilynmama I feel I have done my children a disservice by unschooling them. I have been unschooling my children for 8 years now. I have a 12 yo and an 8yo. This year, for various reasons, we decided the 8yo would start school (3rd grade). She was so VASTLY behind the other kids in every subject it was embaressing, overwhelming for her, a NIGHTMARE for both her and us. It was so bad we had to pull her out. The only part she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Yeah, but... should she be in SIL's home either? Why should she have to deal with her forever? It sounds like she's been taking care of her for a long time and deserves a break. Which is not to say that the OP's home is necessarily the best choice - maybe she requires institutional care. But it sounds like the SIL is at her breaking point. If she were posting on MDC, wouldn't we all be saying "Let your brother have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by AtYourCervices . I no longer have anything to do with my mother. I could get into a long post about all the horrible things that woman has done. How she tried to kill me and my children. How she tortured and killed animals. How she tried to ruin many peoples lives. Her one woman picket lines, handing out outrageous fliers, claiming people were having sex with animals or trying to kill her, etc. All the calls to 911, animal...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A He's your boss AND he cheated on his former girlfriend. Two reasons to stay away from him romantically. OP, you are worth more.
Quote: Originally Posted by InchByInch Let's say you had a friend who was down on her luck, financially speaking. Let's say you happened to have a little extra money this month that you were able to give her in cash anonymously (slipping it in an envelope through the mail slot at her house). She figures out it was you and sends you a super-sweet thank-you note-- but in there she thanks you for an amount that's $200 less than what you enclosed in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Violet2 MIL is coming for an extended stay, 8-10 weeks. She's mentally ill (paranoid schizophrenia) which poses its own set of challenges in addition to the usual stress of adding new people to a house. I feel like it would be good to set some ground rules/introduce her to how our house runs. So what do you think of the following ideas and have I missed anything? I haven't lived with anyone difficult for a long time, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom However, I rarely (OK, never. ) get screamed at because I tend to be careful that I am trying not to offend, perhaps even overly cautious about that, and I would have cracked the window and said "What is it you want to talk to me about?" at the very beginning of the whole thing. Being that it is a business lot, and that parking is an issue near the school, the thought that the person was a business owner...
Quote: Originally Posted by Latte Mama The OP parked in a lot that was private and seems that she was well aware of that fact, she stated it was her "usual" spot. The lady didn't start off yelling at her but after being ignored THREE times and then the lady does yell for her to move her car, she doesn't???? Seriously? I think we all know as adults that if we are not clients/customers of a business then we really shouldn't be parking in a private lot...
i have noticed it too i have been a ha customer for @ 10 years
Quote: Originally Posted by haydn'smommy to someone who all that stuff is important to. This, said by my STBX when I said something about having worked so hard to take care of him, our kids and our house. Really? WTH does that mean? It means that he does not believe that he is a good man worthy of a good woman. It means he lacks the courage or the strength to fight for what is good and true. It means he does not want to believe that he can...