or Connect

Posts by chanibell

I love Portland,Eugene and Oregon in general,but my idea of "crunchie" includes more diversity and while Seattle is no San Fran or NY,it has more diversity as far as POC. Just my two cents. Diversity isn't always on the top of other folks lists as is is mine. Good luck in your search!
Or do you know anyone who does? I find them absolutely fascinating with many of them looking like works of art. I tried to do a thread search here and nothing came up. Are they know by another name among the locals? blessings~
Well we pay someone to mow our yard. Its extra for weeds ( which no one does) It mostly started b/c I had heart surgery and couldn't do it and then my husband works many hrs so he doesn't have the time. Plus,we have a chihuahua and if the grass gets too tall the poor fellow starts leaping over the grass blades like a gazelle. I don't begrudge people if that's what they want to do. Although my neighbor who is 90 still cuts her grass. She told me if I want to live to be...
Its been two years since we paid off our car. We have one car. I would like us to pay off all of our debt and start saving for our next adoption. We'll see.... In my dream world,we would be debt free including the house...sigh
I missed Chris Rock on Oprah as well. Ive been reading that many people are going to boycott the movie. I am interested in seeing it. Has anyone read the book HairStories? Its a history about AA hair and I think a good read. I guess we'll just have to make an opinion about the movie when it comes to our towns..... As for Princess and the Frog...when is that coming out? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! We paid off our car 2 years ago! We have one car,too. Its nice not to have those huge car payments!
Thanks Purple for the input and to all the other mamas. She didn't get my point and said " May god help your children" "There's no racism here how dare you" "This is harassment I will report you". So clearly didn't get it...nope. I told her:" I will report myself" " Maybe you can show this item to your black friends and see what they think?" I know...always gotta give a jab! But ya'll know what I'm feeling and not one person didn't say WTF about it. Someone...
Ladies, maybe I overreacted a bit,but I was on etsy looking for AA jewelry. I was hoping to find something cute I guess. I mean its etsy... So I was a bit taken aback when I saw this kid's bracelet of a little AA girl who was eating watermelon. I was shocked. Maybe I should have let it go,but I e-mailed the artist and said that I felt this item was out of place. I mean why watermelon? Should I have just taken it as "cute" or should I have kept my mouth shut and...
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdymom ya, that's what I do too. If you don't like the logo you can just applique something pretty over it. also if you're a handy sewer you can make your own out of tshirts like this: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/...crd_2008_04_16 I haven't made any yet, but they are so neat and I have a ton of old shirts. You can also get neat shirts at thrift stores for super cheap, or freecycle for free. Oh my I saw...
Actually this happened to me when I got switched over to Chase from WAMU. It only happened once b/c usually when I deposit it posts right away,but with Chase it posts at the end of the day. It was totally my fault,but when I called,they refunded the $80 back into my account. Sorry you are going through this. Do you have online banking? Sorry if this has already been posted.... My dh and I have one card that we share together and that seems to work. We also have our...