or Connect

Posts by chanibell

Any one catch this show? I usually don't watch Tyra,but I was flipping around and saw she had a show dedicated to AA woman and dependence on weaves,wigs,etc. It also had people who sported natural looks. It had a mother who was embarrassed to introduce her own daughter b/c her daughter didn't have her hair permed! Then they asked these cute little AA girls about hair and they all wanted " good hair" one girl said she only felt beautiful wearing her Hannah Montana wig (...
I still can't do my hair,but the other day on Tyra ( no flames) lol She had a program about AA women and their hair. Everything from weaves-naturals to mother's being ashamed of their daughters going "natural",hair envy etc etc. I'm glad Oprah came out,b/c for years she wore weaves,but now she is rockin her own hair. Glad your daughter swims b/c I know 1 or 2 AA women who do so in my area. Why? B/c of the hair. Most I meet have never learned...why? Because of the...
I'm going to put it on my book list. I recently finished reading " Push" by Sapphire. I couldn't put it down,but all the while it tore out my heart. They are making a movie about it staring Monique.
I watch it,too. As a POC I always find it interesting when other POC travel the world esp black men. I know for myself when I went to Russia,people looked at me like I was an elephant riding a tricycle. Great way to represent and he does a great job. Very likable person and cute to boot!
I'm thinking about going to Eliot 1 or Eliot 2. I'm not sure,but once I found out about UU's it felt like home. So far I have gone to two different UU places and haven't found community in either. There's one more I haven't visited....
I dunno. I think my kid is ahead of the curve,but until I see him conducting and writing symphonies and painting like Michelangelo...... Each child is gifted with something IMO.
Thanks everyone. I did find that review online,but I'm having trouble with step D: Make a pleat at the end of the straps. I'm new to following a pattern,but does "machine baste" mean I sew on the right side of the fabric? Ive looked it up and still can't visualize what this means. Also it appears that my straps seem shorter than what the picture suggests,even though I cut it to size...:
I went out for breakfast. It was nice,but my dh didn't have to make reservations somewhere. It was a nice thought. Then I watched movies in my room all day long and all by myself. It was the perfect mother's day. Bliss......
I recently got a French penpal. Her English is pretty good,but she may have a difficult time explaining to me how the government pays her to stay home. She may not,b/c as she was writing me this she included a wink in that one. lol However has anyone here ever lived in France? How can France and other countries like it take years off and get paid? Are they taxed heavily? Another friend ( also from France) his mom had surgery and he wrote her an RX for a 5 month...
Are there any of these around? I still need help trying to figure out what things mean ( even with the diagrams) I'm doing an Amy Butler reversible swing bag and I am confused! wouldn't it be cool if you could pop in your dvd with an actual person doing every step with you... I can dream I know it would be expensive,but do you think more people would take up sewing then? I know there are a few on youtube btw.