or Connect

Posts by LeBoof

My experiences in school were varied. I went to good and bad public schools as well as private schools. I was in college as well as high school soon after I started high school. The high school I was in was a good private school. That said I had problems switching my mind back and forth. I would go to my college in the mornings on MWF and after lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My T days weren't so bad since I could do the spoon fed education in the mornings (when I wasn't...
I wouldn't worry too much at 34 weeks. Mine didn't turn until about 36 weeks and both of mine had been transverse. The only problem I had with mine is that they both decided to go breech. My Dr. had been willing to try delivering naturally if one had been head down and the other breech, but not with both. He said that with just one breech there was a chance that once the head down baby (as long as it was the one closest to the cervix) was out he was willing to try a...
I think I just covered a bunch of this but....our 6 year old son had a valvoplasty done for his pulmonary stenosis when he was 2 weeks old. They had to stabilize him before he could be transported to a place equipped to do the procedure. I now have a set of 7 month old twins and they were both checked for any heart problems. Not a thing. They were very healthy. I do have a question. We're going through the testing for genetic testing (which takes so long..) , but I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaverdi Both my boys have abnormal EKGs. We are still waiting on a cardio appt. It's not until October!!!! I noticed you were in Texas. Is this at Texas Children's Hospital? I know they can sometimes be slow but they don't usually make you wait that long if they think it's serious. My oldest was born with pulmonary stenosis and had a valvoplasty done there at 2 weeks old. He now just goes in for check ups with a...
I understand and we were actually told by our ped. to consult with a geneticist to see what may be going on with our son. Fragile x was one of the things ruled out.We started this process a few months ago.We're now winding down on the various tests and such.One of the reasons for us to wanting to learn more about what's going on is because some of the stuff that may be happening may have something to look for in the future. If we can catch stuff early we may be able to do...
I know that internethomeschool.com is not religiously based, but it sounds more like you want something for unschooling. Try doing a search for teaching curriculums and you'll probably find more secular than religious websites than you can imagine. Some of them are meant specifically for teachers to use, but most can be adapted if need be. If you are interested in teaching about various religions then you might like globalvillageschool.org They are an internationally...
Thank you for this. It's perfect as my son is learning to tell time and also learns best through games.
This won't help with getting the baby to drop, but it may help you breathe better. I have two in there and one o them only decided to drop yesterday. Until then I had problems breathing. If you can gently massage your baby down she may move a bit. Also, if you can find someone who knows a bit about belly dance ask them to show you how to do an upper body chest lift/camel walk. Don't do a full camel walk as it involves too much of the lower body, but one that only involves...
This was almost exactly what my husband suggested when I asked him about different ways to serve eggs that might taste better. Oh, and he did tell me that the main thing that most nutritionists/dietitians are looking for when they suggest eating eggs regularly is the folates (folic acid) in eggs. They provide the most folates per serving. Here's a good list of other sources for folates in you diet and how much most women need when not pregnant (in other words just increase...
You might need to speak with your Dr. about the vomiting since it's possible there's something else going on there. I have the same problem with the heartburn and sour stomach though.My ob suggested I try a tablespoon of heavy cream at night just before bed. I'm generally lactose intolerant but for me it does seem to work. Tums tablets don't do squat for me. Instead the liquid Maloxx works much better. I take it you've tried fresh ginger grated into gingerale? I know that...