or Connect

Posts by momof1baby

Just wanted to add my 2 cents in here. My DD was in a Kindercare and we both loved it. She was in the infant room and she was soooo attached to the wonderful teachers there. They were so good to her. The director was great (every daycare I researched I walked in unnanounced) she took me on a tour and answered all my questions right then and there. It was almost time for DD to move to the stepup room and my nephew had been going to another center (Bright Horizons)...
So, I called this morning and they appologized profusely. Said they didn't undersatnd because they always at least have things like applesauce and cheerios and crackers, etc. and that she should have been given somethine. Said the note was even still there that her regular teacher wrote. She said she would speak to the teacher and call me back. DH said I handled it really well. I didn't get upset, I just explained the facts. Feels pretty good to stand up for my DD,...
DD started a new daycare 2 weeks ago and up till now, we have been really happy with it. For lunch they always offer varied foods, and always fruits and veggies. But.... Last night was parents night out. Since I usually pick up my DD at around 5:15, I hung out with her there till about 6:00 and then I left to go meet my DH. While I was there, I noticed that she had eaten all her veggies at lunch but the teacher said she wasn't really interested in the pizza. I said...
I was on the Imitrex nosespray before I got PG, and aside from the awful taste, It was the miracle cure for me. I would take it as soon as the vision thing started and within 2 minutes it was gone. It was wonderful, then when I was pg, I had almost no headaches (migraine or otherwise). I also realized that lack of sleep is a trigger for me. The night before my last one, I didn't go to bed till almost midnight and I am almost always in bed between 9 and 10. I...
I posted on the extended BF about my migraines and Jane was nice enough to post your post over there. I am definately going to look into it. My only question is: Is all this safe to take while BF? Thanks, Vanessa
WOW!!!! Thank you all so much for all this info. I thought it was quit BF or live in pain, neither of which I want to do. I am definately going to look into all the different options here. I feel so much better about all this.
Thanks, I think I have decided that redirecting and explaining is the best way to go.
First let me say, that I can't believe I made it to this board. Katie turned 1 yesterday. Anyway, I have always gotten migraines, and for a while they were once or twice a year, no biggie, but since Katie was born they stepped up in frequency and now they are every couple weeks. My Doctor basically said he won't even talk to me about them till I stop BF becasue there are no treaments that are safe to take while BF. I just don't know what to do....90% of me says...
Thanks for the input, I will keep all this in mind. What do you all think about biting. Katie has always been a very, very mouthy baby. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING goes in her mouth and she does bite a lot (though not usually us), so is it unreasonable for me to tell her no when she attempts to bite something that could be potentially dangerous... i.e. I am trying to vacuum and she crawls over to the cord and tries to bite it. I'm always right there...
My DD will be 1 tomorrow (HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. ). Whenever I say no to her, which is not very often, she smiles at me, and when I try to pull her hand away from something she laughs. For instance...she is not allowed to play with the video tapes, so when she crawls over to them and starts to touch them, I say no, sometimes if she looks up at me and holds my gaze(I put my best stern face on) she will move on to something else, but most of the time, it's like she doesn't...