or Connect

Posts by EmmaJean

yea!! What an improvement in your well-being! Seems like things are going well, avoiding CIO, ds is taking to night-weaning well--hooray! Just wanted to say I'm excited for you! Having a bed to yourself for a couple hours can be heaven. I'm heading to bed, where I'm sure Lily will wake up as soon as I fall asleep. I should just skip the trip and bring her to bed when I go, but I keep hoping one night she'll forget I'm there or something! Fat chance!! Maybe I'll...
Well, I've been living w/ parents since Thanksgiving, and it has really helped me get into a cleaning rhythm! I can't believe it!! I think it really really helps that Lily is older and can play w/ James so I don't have her attached to my hip all the time (or breast is more like it!). I've also just become more disciplined to do the little things, like pick up the clothes I see in the hallway, put dishes in the sink, make sure things food-related are put away before bed....
just wanted to share that Lily has started "saying" several new words today! I was getting discouraged a bit and forgetting to use signs myself a lot, but today I showed her thank you, eat, daddy, dog, all done, and she did them all!! And then "performed" for dh--it was so great! Today she's been "babbling" "more" and verbally saying "mama", which is her word for everything these days! Anyway, just wanted to share that it seems things are really starting to click. I...
Wow, I'm glad to find this thread! I was needing some encouragement. Lily doesn't wake up as often as every hour on a regular basis... She has segments of sleep that are very restless, nursing non-stop, rolling around, can't get comfy, etc. She's almost 15m (WOW!!!!), and we are going through major transitions w/ a move (actually 3 moves in 4 months, but who's counting?!). So it seems every day is a new adventure and there's no "normal" for us right now. Makes...
Well done! I'd love to read the article that this is referring to. Please update us if you ever get a response. I hate the CIO thing too.... I'm hoping it will go out the window the way that spanking has. I don't pretend to be perfect in the sleep dept, but it's just a totally different philosophy for people. To me, CIO is much more difficult and damaging (in many ways) than helping baby to sleep. And I've done it both ways!! (regretably) Anyway, I'm preaching...
We just really started last week w/ Lily. She'll be 14m next week. I'm amazed how fast she's learned some signs. Milk was first, (actually 'bye bye' was first), and she picked up More and All Done this week! I bought the "My baby can sign" first DVD and ds loves it! I feel much more confident doing it now. I'm such a visual person and seeing it on tv helped for some reason. We signed w/ ds also at about the same age, and he learned Please, More, and Thank you. I...
My nephew has always been fascinated w/ doors, still is at 3.5! Not sure if that's any help at all, though. It's gotten better over time, not having to open and shut doors all the time. But he's fascinated w/ their new minivan's doors! It's so cute!!! His mom will be glad to know he's not the only one!!
that's interesting that you have a hard time keeping it in. Do you mean it almost slips out, you begin to feel it? I wonder if kegelling would help, esp. being knid of newly pp. Not trying to give advice or anything, just wondering aloud.... My sister has the nuvaring and loves it. I'm considering it, since dd is 13m and I'm interested to try hormonal bc again. I'm thinking her demand *should* decrease sometime....if she'd ever eat some solids....it's actually...
Oi, I hated that!!! Lily is a very tactile baby, loves to feel everything. Around 10-11m, she started pinching my tummy. But not just my tummy, she liked to dig in my stretch marks--I hated it! I learned to pull my shirt down or hold my hand over the part she wanted to pinch. Yes, it was a phase....but now she's on to my nipples!! She'll just caress so sweetly, looking for that nipple, and then she likes to play w/ it. But that's not allowed by me! I just can't...
everyone else still nursing? I think that may be what's going on w/ me. I was expecting weird things to happen when we weaned (whenever that will be ) but not right now. Oh well!