or Connect

Posts by kerikadi

Hey all,   I am a long time member but have not been on here for YEARS!   I am very tired of people assuming we don't vaccinate because of autism fears and if I would just believe vaccines do not cause autism (which they all think they can prove) all of us non vaxers would just line up our kids.   We did the research and made our decision and honestly the risk of autism wasn't even part of the discussion or at least not one of our utmost concerns.   Do you know of...
I have 3 daughters who are 6, 10 and 11 none of them have received a single vaccine and all are very healthy. None of them have ever been on an antibiotic, had an ear infection, strep, or any other infection. The worst we ever had was the 6 year old spiked a temp when she was 15 or 16 months old which simply turned out to be how she reacted to teething. We haven't even had a significant stomach bug.
Just want to say I am trying my best to keep up and learn about each of you, I am sure it will take some time. Today I met with my coach and he taped me running and is REALLY tweaking the way I run. The idea is to lean forward and keep my arms high. I am a VERY slow runner and have been plagued with injuries so I am really hoping this helps. It is harder cardio-wise and think I will feel it tomorrow but I am looking forward to working on this in my 'off' season. I...
CRAZY AWESOME!!!!
Thank you so much!I am in the suburbs of NW Houston.Biking for me is tricky. I do my short weekday rides in the neighborhood (not ideal with traffic) but on the weekends I drive out to Brookshire, about 45 minutes west. Park at a high school and ride out 529 to hit some hills. There are many training groups in Houston but they are all 'in town' and with 5 kids, homeschooling and other evening activities it isn't a possibility. I train in our YMCA pool during the week...
Mamas! I started a thread looking for triathlon Moms and was told there are a few in here. My name is Keri. I've been an MDC member for a long time but not active at all the last few years. I joined a run club February 2009 as a beginning of getting myself back after losing half our home in Hurricane Ike. I was going to turn 40 and felt I'll be 40 and miserable or 40 and getting back to where I want to be. One day after our group met another Mama mentioned an all...
I did my first sprint tri May 2009 and got bit by the tri bug. I did 5 sprints in 2009 2010 brought my first Olympic distance in the spring and I just completed my first half Ironman two weeks ago. Any other swim/bike/run Mamas out there???
I have 5 children, 2 boys and 3 girls. This question is about my middle daughter. She has always been very muscular meaning you can see her deltoids, triceps easily without her flexing or exercising them. You can also see her 6 pack and the muscles in her back easily. She isn't skinny and weighs the same as her 8 year old sister. She also is very hairy. She has hair all over her back. Not just in her lower back but her entire back is covered in fine hair but lots of...
I have had an embroidery website for 8 years now. I love it but it's time for it to grow or go and I am choosing go. I love my business and all the opportunities it has brought me over the years - met so many amazing Mamas but it's time to let it go, 2010 will be my last year. Any suggestions on the best way to sell a business directed towards AP/Gentle parenting? I have an industrial embroidery machine I could sell as part of the business or separately since it...
Are their recommendations & schedules for vaccines identical? I can see where the AAP has a vested interest in an insane number of vaccines since they get so much money donated to them from Wyeth, Merck etc. But what about the CDC? Do they receive donations as well?