or Connect

Posts by Kissy

Are you remembering a "before" conversation, perhaps? Because the before conversations I definately agree, it sounds like the parent is antagonizing the child. That's sort of the point, because what I get out of 1-2-3 Magic is that it's actually about teaching the PARENTS not to throw temper tantrums - because then the kids just feed off the parents and learn to do what they see. It's amazing JUST how much kids really mimic - the elder of the 2 boys I watch regularly...
This probably isn't the right place for this - I hope someone can either answer me or tell me where I can go to get the answer - but fairly often I click a link and get this message: ...:::"Kissy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged...
Heather posted it to "Good Eats with Wheat"! Link straight to her post is: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...20&postcount=6 The whole thread: http://mothering.com/discussions/showpost.php?p=1763820 And here's her recipe: Quote: Originally Posted by xenabyte Here is a 'Soaked Flour' Pancake recipe...a bit more work, but supposedly nutritionally superior to unsoaked grain/flour recipes: Soaked Flour Pancakes 2 cups fresh ground...
I just wanted to say not to worry if the meals you cook LOOK like crap - a good number of meals I cook (and I'd say about 99% of the ones I made when I first started cooking!) look like some kind of gruel or mush - but they taste AWESOME (my husband tells me all the time)! The PP who said you can't go wrong with garlic, oil and onions are pretty spot on. Vary the fats so everything doesn't get a "same" kind of taste. I use butter and coconut oil mostly, often mixed...
ARGH! Who'd have thought this would be so hard? I'm looking for a pancake recipe. I want to use soured milk and/or yogurt/kefir, and NOT use baking soda (which obviously includes baking powder). No problems with soaking in advance. Finding a recipe without eggs (or a working sub for them) would be nice as well, only because I don't have any right now and have a hankering. Usually, I LOVE eggs and add them whereever I can. I'd probably eat them raw by...
There's probably a better place for this question, but I didn't know if the people there would be knowledgeable about kombucha, so... Could I use old and/or unpalatable kombucha as a hair rinse? I just tried a rinse that used both beer and cider vinegar and it worked really well. Rather than buy cider vinegar to make my own, do you think leftover kombucha would work? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide! *giggle* ~Kissy
i was a chronic nail biter all my life; bit 'til they bled, then bite some more. i FINALLY broke myself of the habit when I became an exotic dancer and it was a serious liability. : I did this by getting acrylic nails and actually keeping up with them. I tried fake nails before, but I wouldn't bother to get fills and such and while they gave my nails time to grow, it didn't give them time to reattach to the nailbed. *sigh* Acrylics finally did, and they were too...
I was well-informed about my coming menses: carried pads around, had practiced wearing them, had a bunch of books and had read more at the library, talked to my mom and dad and my grandmother; thought I was completely prepared. My first time came when I was on a "Daddy Sunday" at Chuck E. Cheese's (by that time, my parents had divorced). I went to the bathroom and found brown GUNK in my panties. I thought I was a gross girl who somehow managed not to wipe my bottom...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pattyla You need to culture it longer and don't let it get too hot. I heat mine to just 100 and don't let it get hotter than that and I cluture it for 30 hours or longer. It thickens up more the longer you let it go I have found. Mine does have some whey but it isn't any more than the kind I have made where I heated the milk to 180. It definatly isn't a drink. Thanks, I'll give that a try with some of the milk...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovinglife ...so I'd have to figure out a way to add [breastmilk] back that wouldn't be totally weird. I was thinking of putting it in a smoothie. Do you think that would work? I've heard of culturing bm into yogurt; however, how much of the goodness is lost through heating? Maybe since it's raw milk you could do a low-temp culturing. Couldn't hurt to google it. Quote: Originally Posted by...