or Connect

Posts by okura

this may not be an issue for those of you living in multicultural places like america, NZ, australia etc, but i thought we could share ways of dealing with the reactions (positive and negative) of others towards our mixed race children. for example, we live in japan and our australian-japanese daughter gets A LOT of postive attention from strangers when we go out. she is only 2 and already telling people 'No' if they look at her too much or talk about her. i didn't...
in japan kids typically drink: mugi-cha kuromame-cha hoji-cha all are caffeine free. my daughter is almost 2 and loves them all, as well as chamomile and rooibos teas.try an asian grocery?
in japan kids typically drink: mugi-cha kuromame-cha hoji-cha all are caffeine free. my daughter is almost 2 and loves them all, as well as chamomile and rooibos teas.try an asian grocery?
scrambled tofu: use a potato masher to mash a block of firm (pressed) tofu. saute with a bit of garlic/spring onion/peppers/anything add a splash of soy sauce and/or nutritional yeast
i wouldn't use red miso. too strong and won't give you the creamy flavour white miso would. ground almonds? nutritional yeast?
skewers with cucumber, cheese, apples etc on
cold somen noodles (japanese super thin wheat noodles) with blanched brocoli , drizzled with soy sauce and sesame paste. and a peach.
thanks for your quick replies! i think i have decided to skip it (at least for now). it is done yearly in schools here too, so if it looks like she is going to be cavity prone later on, then i might consider it then.
my daughter is going for her 18month check-up this week. they do routine fluoride application. i'm not sure if will have it done or not....anyone know where i can get some good info on this? ps. we live in japan. the water here doesn't have fluoride added to it.
tea parties play cooking playdough build a cubbyhouse with sheets