or Connect

Posts by runnerbrit

vulva.
Sorry it took awhile to get back. Transition to working from the office meant a very busy week. They offered 45k base, 10 in bonus, and 20-45 in commission potential. Plus all of my other benefits remained in place; so I accepted. If I am at all decent at what I do in position I should easily get to 75k a year. The base is significantly less the market in my area for the job but it is a small company and they have been very supportive of me and my family over the last 2...
DH, DD and I sleep in our king size bed. Our boys (10 and 8) have their own room and own beds but about 3 nights a week they sleep on our floor in sleeping bags. We are all comfortable with this arrangement. Co-sleeping and room sharing has not impacted our boys socially at all! They both have a ton of friends. They spend the night out, without us a few times a month and do just fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by pigpokey Does that mean that Deaf parents could make a valid choice to remove their hearing child's hearing so that their child would not be denied full access to their parents' culture? Over 90% of deaf parents have hearing children. The Deaf Community doesn't live on its own, over on a paradise island. As to how they are more aware of their surroundings than I am for not being able to hear the town's tornado sirens, I'm at...
Quote: Originally Posted by pigpokey WHOA no way. My kid would have a cochlear implant if it would improve her odds of surviving an emergency / getting instructions, not getting hit by a car, etc. This is basic safety. 'Course that's my knee jerk reaction I guess. I have to say I find your "knee jerk reaction" a bit offensive. My brother is Deaf. Being Deaf is not viewed as a disability in the Deaf Community. It is a culture, it has a...
[QUOTE=mammal_mama;14863310]aileen, I'm so glad for your response! I strongly feel that my focus needs to be on meeting my children's needs and accepting them for who they are at every stage of life -- not on making them "turn out any certain way" (as you so wisely put it). I think some of this attitude is due to society's idea that "normal, healthy" mothers are in a hurry to get their children to wean and grow up. We're supposed to be in a huge hurry to get them...
Met with my boss this morning and we are negotiating. I did not mention any of the personal reasons for the pay change. Would still love to hear back on what you think the position should pay as we are speaking again this afternoon. I am located in CA. From all of my research the range is between 60-80k. As a side note my review last month was glowing.
Just as a note - ds nursed until just before his 4th b-day and dd is still going very strong at 18 months. So over all I am very comfirtablw with CLW. But with a 10 yr old, an 8 yr old and an 18 month old I have seen the developmental shifts that happen with age. The idea of my 8 year old (the one who nursed until almost 4) asking me to nurse is just waaay out of my realm. He has sleep overs, goes to the skateboard park, plays competitive basketball and is almost as...
I am for CLW but honestly, it made me uncomfortable. It may just be because societal pressures tell me that an 8 yr old should have other ways to soothe them self or that it is inappropriate; I don't know. I do want to be clear: I do not think there was anything sexual about the nursing I saw on the video. I would not dream of saying that what they are doing is wrong or harming her daughter but I do wonder where the line is. Nursing at 9, 10, 11?
I am going to be changing positions in my company. I currently work from home in a sales capacity. It is a a long (about a year) sale and I am just not very good at it; I am very good at the short sale. Anyway, after speaking with my boss and being honest about my current position he has offered me a new position in the company. The job is very well suited to my skill set. My question is, what kind of pay so you think is reasonable for the new position? the new...