or Connect

Posts by Sustainer

I did not mean that formula is poison, and I know that in some situations it is useful, which I admit could not be said of cigarettes.  The point I was trying to make with the comparison is that most mothers have a real choice to make between two options.  Breastfeeding is the biological norm and it is what young mammals need.  Formula is inferior, inadequate, and contains high fructose corn syrup and other unhealthy ingredients.  Whether a child is breastfed or fed...
I agree.  I am not judging the OP at all, but I think a lot of people see the word "weaning" in the title of this sub-forum and think that this is the place to post mother-led-weaning questions.  It's regrettable, but a difficult issue to solve.  The whole point of the Child-Led Weaning subforum is that it's a place for mothers who do not deliberately wean.  We allow the child to continue breastfeeding until the age they decide they are ready to stop.  I think this...
I would go back in time but I would still have kids.  I would just choose a different father for them.
We need to make sure that the small minority of us who are lactivists are not the only ones who know about this.  When Romney did this, he was counting on the fact that lactivists are a small group, lacking in resources, and that most people wouldn't hear about the step he took.  Let's show him that we do have a few resources.  We can communicate using social media and other internet avenues.  We can communicate via word of mouth.  Let's get this information out there. ...
Yes, honestly.   There are many ways that you can verify that Romney really did fire the members of the health council who wanted to halt the practice of hospitals marketing formula to new mothers, and for that reason.   Obamacare does not take away any medical freedoms.  In fact, it ensures women's access to comprehensive gynecological care.  It also ensures that people with pre-existing conditions are covered.  And that young people can stay on their parents'...
Election in one week.  
I don't know why you think you're going to get anywhere by calling things "semantics."     You have been very emphatic about there being NO difference between Romney and Obama.  A vote for one is a vote for the other.     It's ridiculous.  They're two different people with different philosophies and different policies.     Obama did not fire the members of the Mass. Health Council who tried to end the marketing of formula in hospital L&D units.  Romney did.  That's a...
Not at all.  I have just been responding to what you've said.  And I've been discussing issues that are far from petty.   Quote: Originally Posted by erinmattsmom88  I don't care whether you think I am trying to persuade anyone to do anything because I know I'm not.  You can say you haven't been trying to persuade anyone to do anything.  You can even *think* you haven't been trying to persuade anyone to do anything.  It doesn't change the fact that you HAVE been trying...
Go back and read your posts.  Your wording has the intent of being persuasive.   Quote: Originally Posted by erinmattsmom88    If I said something like this, " I hope I have made it pretty obvious that I am trying to convince people to vote for Obama." Then, yes, you saying I am trying to persuade people to do something would be correct. Just because you don't say "I'm trying to persuade people" doesn't mean you haven't tried to persuade people.  The only difference...