or Connect

Posts by FrozenMommy

Quote: Originally Posted by AmyAngel I suspect that my dad would probably be the most OK with it, as he was a farmer and witnessed many animal births that required no help, and I've heard him say in the past regarding a friends due date "Babies come when they're ready." : I've always wondered why humans make giving birth so difficult for themselves when it really is such a natural process.... :
[QUOTE=mama2toomany]. .. I told her that I was trying to start a little league team all in one shot. She just looked confused. [QUOTE]
I'm not usually one to advocate TV (and she may be too young for this, anyway) but might it help if she were to watch a video about thunderstorms? I'm just thinking of something with lots of thunder going on, where she could feel "distanced" from it, and even stop and start it at her leisure to feel a measure of control over the noise. sort of a safe way to get comfortable with the sounds of thunder...
Quote: Originally Posted by tsfairy At one point I asked my mom if she couldn't handle things a little more gently with the kids, maybe less yelling, and was it really necessary to hit the kids. She responded by getting very irritated and told me that she had told them "nicely" to stay upstairs "once" and they weren't listening, so she "had to" yell at them. I just don't get it. Mom was the quintessential anti-spanker when we were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Melaya I know a lot of military families say that. But what many seem to mean is that they feel they "must" vax because of the high "risk" of being exposed to anything that the dad might bring home. Maybe that's what the person you were speaking with meant? Yes, only the actual military member is required to get vaccines. And they can't say that the families should get them too b/c of the risk, because civilians...
I have also really struggled with this. I went through a period where I felt so extremely guilty about wanting to have kids at ALL because I do feel that so many economic & environmental problems can be traced back to overpopulation (in full or in part). The way I finally worked through it was, I decided that I would have no more than 2 birth children and if I really wanted more kids after that I would adopt. Of course I haven't even had one yet so I can't say how it's...
You are wonderful!!! I didn't have the courage to come out to my mom (as a bisexual female) until I was 26 yrs. old, and even then did so only because I was extremely depressed, already on the phone with her and just couldn't hold it in anymore. She took it *ok* , but admitted to me that she was glad i had not come out earlier because she did not think she would have taken it well at all....I still have not come out to the rest of my family. I guess I don't feel like...
My mom nursed me until just over 6 months...she said that at 6 mos. I pretty much weaned myself, refusing to nurse and reaching for solid foods. I can't imagine her feeding me just solids at 6 mos. (my mom is very AP), so I think she meant that she stopped only nursing at 6 mos. and started letting me have a little bit of cereals, etc. I know she never gave us formula, and she likes to tell the story of when my sister (her oldest) was a few months old and our grandmother...
I know that garlic is very helpful for yeast infections. For women/girls you are supposed to mash up a fresh clove, wrap it in cheesecloth and insert it in the vagina for 6-8 hours....I don't know quite what to do for a boy, maybe wash his penis in a garlic rinse?!? I also agree on the cranberry pills vs. juice, the juice has so much added sugar to make it palatable for the general market that you might as well just drink Koolade. Get a very concentrated, high-quality...
Quote: Originally Posted by kissum Gosh, thanks. I actually was sitting here thinking how much father's day sucks for my dd. She doesn't know it yet..but I do! And I spoke with her "father" (I'll use that term loosely) and he got upset I didn't wish him happy father's day. Being there when the baby was made doesn't make you a father. Grr. Anyway, your post made me smile. Thanks! As a wise man once said (actually I got this from a movie ),...