or Connect

Posts by starbound25

yup done all that, there appears to be no major change, none at all thats whats weird and my gut isnt feeling like something happened to her or someone was mean to her, so its really really strange talked to her and her teacher and the other teachers, the fact that once I'm gone and she finally calms down she's fine and when I pick her up she's fine....  
Ok I need some thoughts!!! My DD is 5 1/2, normally really enjoys school and had no problem transitioning into Kindergarten full day Now since last Thursday everything has drastically changed First I can say it appears there have been no major changes at school or home since last week Changes since end of October are: teacher changed, they did transition to the new teacher nicely though and DD likes her classroom has changed, she had 1 full week with the new...
A lot of threads I've been reading here and elsewhere seem to show that quite often HS kids end up going to a public high school. Any idea as to why this is? Is it that they want the broader socialization? They are sick of HSing? natural rebellion from parents?   and if you have kids that did take this route how was their transition from HSing to a public high school?   Thanks in advance!
Hi ladies   I haven't been on the boards for quite some time but I was active for quite a few years at one point I am very on the fence about starting to HS my 3 DD's this fall (ages 5, 8&9) so you will probably see a few more threads from me on HSing :)   So one of the biggies when you talk to be about HSing is "but what about socialization?"   Now with 3 kids and a very tight budget how do you go about getting your kids socialized? Now I dont mean around...
HI Ladies, I am in car shopping he** over here! I'm trying to find a vehicle that seats 5 COMFORTABLY or seats six   first issue-I have two kids in booster seats and one in a traditional car seat, I cant find any 5 seaters that can comfortably hold them in the back   the other issue I have is I need either AWD or 4WD because I live in new england and winters are severe!   Any advice would be great! thanks!
thank you Emmeline- yes my DD would think it was something bad if I told her we were going to talk about her focus, mainly because she is extra sensitive and doenst want to be "different" and she  is always afraid her older sister will make fun of her
so I got a call from daughters teacher yesterday to tell me my daughters "focus" issues have now started to effect her schoolwork and I should probably get a pediatrician involved I was thrown for a loop because I never thought of her as being ADD just kind of spacey, and you need to repeat requests to her, she is going next week for a consultation with the pediatrician question 1- how do I explain this doctor visit?? I dont want her to think there is something wrong...
curious of there are any other widows here? I thought the single parent thread would be a good spot to post this thanks mamas
hi ladies, would love to hear from you if this sounds farmiliar sunday night DD (2yrs 4mo) had a fever, woke up at 12am threw up in bed monday was ok but cranky, monday pm got fever very cranky not eating, did not sleep well tuesday very cranky not eating not napping fever most of day, went to brush her teeth that night and her gums started bleeding a lot wednesday all the same symptoms and I gently gently brushed her teeth tonight and almost immediatly the gums...
ok I kill every plant that comes near me the kids really want to plant a garden and I just have NO clue what to do, where to search, so many website have virus bugs attached to them I dont want to do a broad search so I'm lost ladies!!! I'd love tomatoes and maybe zucchini or strawberries but dont know how hard those things are to grow or any clue about what to do to the ground or ANYTHING looking for a push in the right direction!! thanks mamas!!