or Connect

Posts by gobbledegook

My dd (3.5) got into a brand new pack of gum a few weeks ago. Swallowed every single piece before I got to her Needles to say she was fine. I would not worry.
Quote: Originally Posted by whooopsy thank you all : well, i never use conditioner. i use vinegar as a natural conditioner and it really makes her hair soft! i dont like those conditioners because they usually contain tons of bad stuff. and i oil her hair and scalp regularly, and it decreases the dandruff already a little bit, but sometimes it comes back again. what is SLS? and what would be the curly girl method...? ok, i will look up at...
I also wanted to add the shampoo you are using may be drying to her hair and scalp as it has SLS in it. You could try looking up the curly girl method...which can be found on the naturally curly website.
Are you conditioner washing inbetween shampoos, or just leaving in braids? If I go longer than a few days between wetting/scrubbing my scalp I get dandruff too. www.tightlycurly.com is a good site too.
My dd (3.5) LOVES dizzy bee (the free one) bubbles mini piano and looking at pictures
DD's eyes also turn inward. I ignored it until she was about 2 1/2 thinking well maybe we were wrong it was not turning in (it graudually got worse) or that maybe it would correct on it's own. When I took her to my optometrist she had to perscribe her glasses to correct it. The sooner you go to an actual eye doc the better imho. check out this blog it has great information. One of the ladies is a member her and helped me out a great deal. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnZ Gobbledegook - it sounds like your daughter has the same thing Zoe does, her ophthalmologist called it accommodative strabismus or esotropia - the strabismus just means misaligned eyes (esotropia means the point inwards, not outwards) and being accomodative means that it's due to her trying to correct for her vision problems (as opposed to it being caused by the eye muscles not working correctly). I definitely notice that...
Thank you all so much for the replys! I am feeling much more encouraged after reading them. Her vision right now is very poor so hopefully she will be one of those kids who loves the glasses just because they can actually see. ZFooFoo That is a great idea. I will have to save up to get her a second pair. She loves picking out her outfits and shoes already so I think she would love a second frame (or more) to chose from. heatherweh I took her in becuse her eyes...
So I just found out today that my little girl (she's 2 1/2) needs glasses. We ordered some and they will be ready in a week. I am really worried about getting her to keep them on. Has anybody been through this? I wear contacts but am going to switch back to glasses today for her sake. Also does anyone have any good suggestions of books I can read to her to get her ready?
Quote: Originally Posted by angelika13 Sound like Strabismus, which is when the eye turns in our out. Lazy eye, is actually something different and called amblyopia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus If you are just noticing it now, as opposed to when she was younger it is probably accommodative and signifies far sightedness. I would get a referral from your ped to a pediatric ophthalmologist. It does not hurt to get it checked out and you...