or Connect

Posts by SunnyB1978

So sorry about your loss.  I've had 2 miscarriages, and here are my thoughts.  The first one didn't occur until 12 weeks, and it was full on labor.  In fact, the contractions were extremely hard and lasted over 6 hours.  Birthing my live, full term daughter was actually easier.  I don't think this is common, but that was my experience.  It was a bit cathartic, but I wouldn't do it again and I certainly would make sure I had pain killers if I did.  The second time, it was...
One idea that helps me is having a clothes swap party, just a ladies night with wine and snacky foods.  About once a year, my friends and I have a clothes swap party where everyone clears out their closets of decent clothes that you just don't wear and make a big pile in the middle of the floor.  Everyone sorts through and finds what they want.  We do ladies clothes and kids clothes.  If you can get at least 25-30 people, you will definitely find some great stuff, and...
"Big babies" are a scare tactic used by OBs.  My sis was convinced to have a c-section for her 8lb8oz baby that was "too big" for her to birth.  I had a relatively simple, strait-forward all-natural birth of a 10lb2oz baby.  We are both small people, my sis is a size 4 and I'm a size 2.  Narrow hips.  My midwife was the mother of 5 babies, who ranged in birth weight from 5lbs to 9lbs, and she swore that it is all about position.  She said the 5lb daughter was a much...
What is the difference between hypnobabies and hypnobirthing?
Anyone else having lots of back and neck pain? I don't remember this from my first pregnancy. Yes, its probably related to lifting the 35 lbs of kiddo, but I'm really cutting back on that and the neck and back pain persists. Anyone else? Any exercises that help?
So far I'm just reading the book, Hypnobabies, The Mongon Method. There's a CD included but I haven't gotten to it yet. Do you think classes are necessary? My first birthing was beautiful and I think I must have unintentionally used some of these techniques for the first stage. However, it really appeals to me to skip the forced pushing phase because that was the part that really disturbed my peace.
My husband has been reminding me non-stop how much energy and time I had to devote to my first child for the first couple of years (and not to him). He keeps reminding me about how little we had sex and how I apparently didn't have the energy to enjoy it when we did. We have gotten ourselves into another pregnancy, and now we are both wondering how this is going to fit into our lives. We are in a bad financial situation and I had planned on going back to work and...
I don't know if this is what you mean, but I had cervical "twinges" for the last few months. It felt like a small jolt of electricity, enough to make me jump a bit when it happened. It definitely felt like it came from the cervix. My labor was about 14 hours and the baby was born 2 days after my EDD.
My experience with a midwifery practice was based on all of my prenatal care and birth or my first child. The whole experience was a philosophy of "this is a normal process." The midwives took time to talk to me EVERY time I went in for an appointment. Each appointment was 30min to an hour, depending on how many questions I had and what I wanted to discuss. They nurtured the whole person and the whole experience. She was present during the entire labor and made sure...