or Connect

Posts by SunnyB1978

High protein DOES make big babies! My husband was convinced that eggs were the perfect pregnancy food. He made 2 egg omletts for breakfast (just for me) and then tried to get me to eat something involving egg at dinner (quiche, boiled eggs). So I ate 2-4 eggs daily. I ate like this every day during my pregnancy and I had a 10lb baby. I was told by my nurse-midwife that the eggs were pretty likely to be the reason for the big baby since I had no other risk factor (no...
Medicaid for pregnancy takes into account the baby as a family member. So, for example, if you didn't qualify as a family of 3 previously, now that you're pregnant, you're a family of 4. There's a higher income cut-off for a bigger family. But they can come up with ways to not qualify you. We had an income of $20,000, well below the cut-off. But since my husband had just been accepted for a new job for $50,000, above their cut-off, they denied us based on "projected...
I don't remember this from my first pregnancy. Is my belly supposed to feel tender to the touch? It feels a little sore or achey when I have something across it, like pant waistband or if I lean on the counter. Anyone else?
I have a group of friends that I don't see often because they all live far away, and I'm in my first trimester of pregnancy. No one knows yet. I'll be visiting them for a baby shower in a few weeks. I'm already showing some, so even if I just go there, many people will notice that I'm pregnant, but it feels extremely wrong to possibly "steal the thunder" at my good friend's own baby shower. The alternative is calling about 20 people, one by one, to spread the word...
I agree with the pp. I think it has been blown out of proportion as far as the likeliness of getting it and the severity. I feel fairly certain that our family has had the H1N1. My daughter was quite ill with all of the symptoms back in June when our state was just starting to see a lot of outbreaks. She was rather uncomfortable for a week or so. My husband and I spent a couple of days feeling a little under the weather, but nothing that even kept him home from...
I am likely having a hospital birth. My first child was born at a birthing center, in the water, with a midwife who took care of absolutely every detail. I can't imagine having to make decisions in that state of mind. I wanted to focus entirely on giving birth. I'm not sure I could have made decisions on my own. I think I would have done whatever they told me. So how do you go about having a natural birth in a hospital if you expect it to be adversarial? How do...
I'm 5 weeks. With my first one we waited until I was past the 1st trimester. Actually this time, I'm eager to tell everyone now. But is it too soon? When will you tell everyone?
We still have DD's crib. She never slept in it. Never. She had this superpsychic ability to know when I was trying to put her in there and woke up screaming immediately. I did actually use it, now that I think about it, to have a place to put her while I washed my hands after diaper changes. With our next one on the way, we'll probably set up the crib in our room. I'd like to put the baby in the crib to sleep for at least a portion of the night by the time he/she...
My daughter is 3. We weaned at 2. She still needs one of us to lay down beside her to fall asleep, even when she is so so so tired. We have tried various things without success, but for now I am putting her in bed and then wandering off to do something. I'll say I need to go get a glass of water, or go put the laundry in the washer--anything that takes 5 minutes or less. She doesn't resist that and knows I'll be right back. A couple of months ago she would have...
I have a Fridgidair front loader washer. The baby isn't here yet, so I don't know about washing diapers in it yet. With my first child, I had a top loader. However, if I bought another washer again, I would look into the high efficiency top loaders. The front loaders all have the issue of mildew growing in the seal, even if you keep the door open. Also, I find it difficult to pull the clothes out without dumping a few items on the floor in the process. It does...