or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

I didn't even think about yoga. Thanks for the idea!   I went to the gym with a friend last night and did a circuit (weights and cardio) and it wasn't too bad. I still can't figure out what is triggering my asthma though so I am trying to not over do to the point where I have a major attack again. 
You asked her who she wanted to invite and she told you. I don't think I would go against that or make her feel guilty. It sounds like the main reason they are friends is because the parents are your friends. Would the 6 yo be someone your dd would have made friends with if it wasn't for the influence of you being friends with the dad?  
When I was going to the gym, I had a friend that would exercise with me. It really helped a lot to think, "I know I don't feel like working out today but she will be there waiting on me!". So maybe finding a friend that will walk with you, ride bikes, play a set of tennis, or whatever you enjoy doing will encourage you to keep at it. It is HARD to want to exercise with chronic fatigue (I have lung issues and can get really fatigued to the point where it just aches to...
I think it depends on the gym. I tried two different gym day cares. They were fine for my older kids, but I didn't like them at the baby stage. In both day cares I had problems with the workers not changing my kids if they had wet diapers. Also in the day care at the Y, people brought in their sick kids all of the time, with everything from fevers to pink eye to hand, foot, and mouth disease. I know because I have a friend that works in one of the Y's (I would trust her...
I may not have too much to offer but I know it sucks when no one responds to you so here it goes!   I lost about 25 lbs over the last year (I ended up losing another 10lbs after I got really ill, then gained back about 5). What really helped me was doing a low carb diet. When I dieted before I was always hungry and didn't make it more than a few days on any plan. When I did low carb I was almost never hungry, which was a big change for me. I also worked out at the...
I am a little under 5'6" and weigh 117.8lbs. Over the last year I've lost about 30lbs. I was down to 112 at my lowest but gained a little back.   Even when I was down to 112 I still had a poochy belly, and lots of extra jiggle on the inside of both thighs. My thighs actually didn't seem to change ANY with the 30lb weight loss. I also have "lunch lady arms" that I HATE. I was thinking that roller blading might be a good exercise to help the inside of my thighs, but...
  At our library you cannot leave an unattended child under 7. Older siblings under 12 cannot be a sole caretaker for a child under 7. If a child under 7 cannot locate their parent in the library the police will be called.   That said, I have let my older 2 go upstairs by themselves at the main library, and have left all 3 in the children's section in some of the smaller branches (mine are 10, 6, and 3). No one has ever said anything. I think the "rule" may be more to...
I'd like to know where you all are buying your clothes!! Right now I am 5' 6", 113 lbs, skin and bones, and have been wearing size 7 and 8. I could probably go smaller if I had the energy to shop, which I don't. I guess now I know how those people on TV in the weight loss shows and commercials say, "I made it down to a size 4!" when it doesn't actually look like they lost a lot of weight.
In our state we don't actually have a law about the age when a child can be left alone. I did hear on the news one night when they had a story about some children being found alone that if the children were under 12 it would definately be "looked into" by law enforcement and CPS.   I can remember being in first grade and my sister being in 4th or 5th and we used to get up, make our breakfast, walk to the bus stop, and get on the bus to school by ourselves. Then in...
Any updates on how your diet and exercise is going?