or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

I know you have already spent a ton of money going to doctors, etc, but is there any way you can afford a mother's helper? Even if it is just for a few hours a week I think it might bring your stress level down. You could let the mother's helper assist with feeding your dd while you sit down and read a book, play with your other kids, or just do SOMETHING that doesn't involve food and your dd. I think you really need it!   Another thought is do you have friends,...
I tossed most of the stuff that had lots of pieces but weren't really getting played with, like Legos. The kids never used them to actually build things yet I was finding them strewn all over the floor all the time. For them the dumping was the fun part. But since they were willing to dump but not to pick up.... the Legos have left the building!! :) I did keep about half of the medium size ones because my youngest showed an interest in them.   I also have a problem...
When I babysit (now and in the past) I would try to clean up any mess made while I was there. If I fixed lunch and there were other dishes in the sink I would go ahead and do them all. If the kids got crumbs everywhere I would pull out the vacuum and do the whole floor. Heck I've even done laundry for people I know well just to give them a nice surprise when they came home.   If the kids are old enough to help pick up, I would just say, "We are working with the kids...
I used to do a lot of snacking and emotional eating. I've really managed to cut down, but I have noticed myself doing it a little more again.   For me, I just wasn't happy with my situation at the time. My marriage wasn't where I wanted it to be. I loved my kids but didn't feel appreciated by them or my husband. I was in a place I never would have pictured myself being 10 years ago and frankly, I hardly ever made time for or did things just for myself. For instance I...
I would second door and window alarms. My Grandma got some at Walmart and they were inexpensive. They make a piercing sound when the connection between the two parts is broken! You could definately hear him then, but the downside would be if you are trying to but the baby down for a nap it would wake the baby. It would be better in the long run to wake the baby than to have the older one running around, though.   My dh's cousin's 2 yo got out the front door, made his...
I guess it depends on the dynamics within a certain family.   If it was a one time gift from someone that didn't see my kids that often, I wouldn't be as likely to say anything. But if it's a person that regularly gets them gifts, or like my mom and Grandma that like to go to garage sales and pick up stuff (which totally doesn't bother me as long as it's in good condition), I don't want them wasting a bunch of money on stuff that is just going to get given away. It...
If they were close family or friends I would probably say something in a nice way. A lot of people just don't get why we choose do do things a certain way!   My mom knows that we don't do Hanna Montana and those other tween shows. She saw a pair of ICarly shoes and bought them for my oldest DD anyway. You really couldn't tell they were ICarly except for the writing on the inside of the shoe and a small charm (which couldn't be removed). I tried explaining to my mom...
I would have been annoyed with the kid climbing the fence (well, I guess it would depend if it was my fence or their fence), mainly because we had some neighbor kids RUIN our fence. They aren't cheap to fix or replace, and of course they were renters so they just up and left without doing anything about the damage their kids caused. They really acted like they had no idea why we were upset about the whole thing!   I think I would touch base with the neighbors and...
My oldest is wearing a size 8 slim but we need to go up a size. She is thin through the waist and hips but has long legs. I want to buy her some mid-rise jeans but everything out there seems to be low-rise! I don't want her butt showing, which always seems to happen with the low-rise because she has no hips to keep them up. Any idea where to get mid-rise jeans? At this point brand doesn't matter but it would be nice if they weren't super expensive.
I had all the kids, unfortunately! :) I only actually got about 6 hours in because DH left for work when I was still asleep. The 3 and 6 yo played all day for the most part.   We were supposed to be getting ready to move, but some things came up that weren't our fault and are beyond our control, so now we don't know if we can make it happen. On top of that disappointment DH's job has been stressful lately and he has been working  a lot of O/T. He usually doesn't work...