or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

I don't think anyone was, "Oh yeah OP, good for you for slapping down the tyrannical 5 yo's of the world! Keep it up!"   I understood it as most people that agreed with her were saying, "Yeah, there might have been better ways to handle it but it that split moment when you think your kid is going to get hurt it's a natural reaction for some." GD is a lifestyle, not something that you impose here or there once in a while. Look at how many mom's post in the GD forum...
It sounds like this mom needs a lot more help than any one friend could give her on a casual basis.   It breaks my heart to think of that little girl sitting there waiting for her mommy.
I would have yelled at the kid too. Honestly in that situation I wouldn't be thinking about the "right" thing to do, I would just want to get the other kid off my child and make darn sure they knew that they had better not touch my child in that way again. But then I don't subscribe to the "children should never be made to feel bad or ashamed of their actions even when they are hurting another person" theory. That's just me.   If I was the person on the ladder, and...
I was rereading this a little (even though I should be in bed, ha!).   I don't get why some people seem to think that Dee has been terribly insistant about the whole thing? From the OP's first post I get the impression that Dee asked twice. The first time when the parents said dd wasn't comfortable going over by herself and once when Dee asked their dd if she was ready to come over by herself yet.   I'm wondering if the OP and her husband have made it clear that...
We taught my middle DD at one or two. She has to take digestive enzymes with every meal though so it was important for her to learn.   We either put the whole pill in a spoonful of applesauce and had her swallow it or put it back on the back of her tongue and had her take a drink through a straw.
Can you do a shift opposite your husband or do weekend shifts and leave the kids with him? Maybe if he had to be the SAHP a couple of days a week he would better understand what it is like for you.     ETA: Funny story. My DH used to volunteer me all of the time to watch his nephew. His sister would call and ask if "we" could watch him, but it always ended up being me that would do all the watching. We didn't have kids at the time, had no toys or other baby stuff...
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I have been wondering about making your own foods for the g-tube.   My dd just turned 6 and has problems gaining and maintaining weight because she has Cystic Fibrosis. Her Dr's have discussed placing a g-tube before. If we do it I would much rather be able to do our own diet rather than the prepared formula. Would you mind pm'ing me with some info about the diet you do?
Honestly, there seems to be a lot of this attitude going around lately.   We used to go to a homeschool co-op. Some members complained about people bringing their kids when the kids (or parent) was obviously sick. So we had an e-mail discussion about it, and I would say 1/3 to 1/2 the people said they didn't have a problem with bringing their kids when they were sick. One mom blatantly stated that she didn't care if her kids were sick, no matter what they had, and if...
 Are you aure you don't have my child living at your house part time?? :)   I swear she can taste something if it is a teeny bit different, different brand, etc. It drives me nuts sometimes and is the main reason we can't do a lot of shakes/smoothies because she can tell when I have tried sneaking something into them. She also goes through phases where she absolutely loves a certain food and will ask for it everyday, and then one day she will announce that she doesn't...
 LOL   My daughter has to take digestive enzymes with each meal so we started teaching her how to swallow them whole at one or two. When she was in the hospital all the nurses on the floor would stop in (even if they weren't hers) to see this little toddler swallowing her pills like it was nothing. She will be 6 tomorrow and I request all her meds in pill form if they come in the right dosage.