or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

I would like to join. The house we are in used to belong to DH's parents. His mom is a complusive shopper/ hoarder and part of the "deal" to buy the house was that we would clean it out. We got it for a lot less money, but a lot more aggrevation! I've been slowly weeding things out. I have found though, that DH can't get rid of things! He has some old ties that he hasn't worn in probably 10 years, and he about had a fit when I told him I was going to use them in a craft...
Not often, but I can think of one thing right now. I got a Graco full sized stroller when my first DD was born. We used it with my 2nd DD, and it was nice because it was one of those you could set the carseat on and not have to take the baby out of their seat. We pretty much decided that we weren't going to have anymore, so I slowly started to give away stuff. Then we got a surprise born just last month, and I keep thinking how nice it would be to have the stroller. But...
I wouldn't feel guilty about it. My DH's family is the same way. My family has always gotten together on Christmas Eve to open presents (this would be my grandparents on mom's side, mom and step-dad, sister and her family, and us). We have done this since we were kids. Christmas morning was reserved for opening presents at your own house, and then we have a big dinner with extended family at noon Christmas Day. DH's family always wanted us there first thing Christmas...
I have done the same thing before. It makes me so mad at myself. I have been really trying lately to plan out meals every week that use up what I have. I've done pretty well the past couple of weeks, so I hope I can keep it up!
Thanks for the replies. It is just so hard that this hit all at once, right before Christmas. We haven't even been Christmas shopping yet because DH was waiting to see if he would get a bonus from his work. So we have the tree and decorations up, no presents under it, and people are calling demanding money. I started bawling before I even got off the phone with the medical equipment lady. My 6yo asked me if I was crying because we couldn't afford something. I mean, dang,...
I have been signed up and lurking for awhile, but this week just has me frustrated to no end. We had a baby back in November, and we have 2 kids already. Our two year old has Cystic Fibrosis. Anyway, today we got a call from a company that we got a piece of medical equipment for her from, They are saying we owe then over $5,000!! We got a grant for $5,000, but that didn't cover the whole expense. The company told us, no problem, we will put it on a rental agreement and...