or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

You said he likes yogurt and fruit. Would he drink a smoothie made with his favorite yogurt and fruit? You could still sprinkle the granola on top. You could mix protein powder with it. Just be sure to blend it well in the blender so that the powder doesn't taste gritty. You could even do that with just yogurt. Put it in the blender with some protein powder and mix it well, then return it to the container (if it is a single serve container).     Usually when my dd...
Well this may not be a popular view considering that these forums lean towards more natural, healthy eating and foods, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.   My 5 yo has Cystic Fibrosis and has a hard time gaining weight. She is a pokey eater and can take up to an 1+ to eat a meal if you let her. Her weight is important because better weight = better lung function. She was in the hospital earlier this year with a pseudomonas infection and lost 2-3 lbs. She...
Maybe it would help to know exactly how she is phrasing the request?   Example:   "Hey my son wanted to know if your daughter would like to come over and play. You could just drop her off." That would sound pretty normal to me.   "We'd like your daughter to come over and play sometime without you guys." That would be weirder to me.
How old are your kids?   It would never occur to me that our friends had a "motive" for asking if our kids (or one of our kids) could come over. I hope my friends don't think that when I ask if their kids can go somewhere with us! If I felt that uncomfortable about the situation, I don't think I would be friends with those people.   I can understand being cautious. My SIL dated a guy that just got out of jail and was a sex offender. When she starting calling...
Can you rent a Zumba video from your local library? Or watch videos on YouTube or Netflix? (I don't know if Netflix has any, but they have different exercise videos) They may not be the exact same routine you are doing at the class but maybe the moves will be similar enough that you can get a little practice in before the next class.
Thanks for the kind words.   C25K is Couch to 5K, a running program. I never thought I could run, as I have asthma and bronchiectasis. I'm on week three of the program though. The other is a weight lifting program. My bootcamp class has been a water one, so it's probably not as tough as a land one. I do C25K and the weightlifting program 3 days a week, bootcamp one day, and then assorted workouts 1 or 2 other days. My husband just got me the EA Active Sports and I...
I've lost about 23 pounds since September but my thighs and stomach still look bad. I've never had super thin thighs but atleast they used to be toned. I also never had a six-pack or anything but my stomach didn't pooch out when I sat down.   I don't have diastasis. I can fit my pointer finger between my ab muscles if I turn it sideways and push a little, so it's 1/4 an inch or less. When I am standing my abs look pretty good but when I sit they pooch out like a...
I did W3D1 yesterday. I'm planning on W3D2 tomorrow.   I have asthma and bronchiectasis and I NEVER thought I could jog. It's not easy but I've managed to make it this far. I still have a hard time believing I will be able to jog 3 miles but we will see!
My oldest two won't touch broccoli with a 10 foot pole but my youngest loves it. It surprises people to see a 3 yo walking around noshing down raw broccoli! She won't eat the stems, though.   All of my kids liked corn until recently. It used to be my 5 yo's absolute favorite food, but now she won't eat it. All of my kids used to eat peas, but now they hardly touch them. My oldest will only eat green beans at a certain restaurant we go to about once a year. Who knows why...
My 5 yo has a FTT diagnosis because she has Cystic Fibrosis. The more weight we can keep on her, the better her lung function and the higher chance that she can battle an infection (if she gets one) at home instead of going to the hospital for two weeks. So yeah, even though I know it's not productive I do find myself nagging her to eat. Luckily she got a unicorn pillow pet for Christmas and unicorn likes to come to the table with her and eat up all of her food. Tonight...