or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

Who is trying to give the baby a bottle? If the mom wants to bottle feed and still nurse, it should be someone else giving the bottle. The baby knows mom = milk and will likely refuse the bottle from her. My oldest was the only one of my three to take a bottle, and she would only do it when she was left at my mom's house while I went to work. If I was anywhere near she wouldn't.   The sleep thing is SO HARD. I completely understand how she is feeling. My middle child...
Our Wii stopped working and we thought it was broken. We unplugged it. One day I decided to plug it back in and lo and behold, it was working! Now we simply unplug it after each use and it works fine. I think the fan on ours stopped working so if it's played too long it gets overheated.
Will it be cute when they are 6 or 9? (Said when they are doing something that is undesirable behavior but also makes me laugh!)
I have found that it is hard for the older people in my family to get used to the idea that we are raising our children in a different manner than they raised their children. They don't always understand why we make different choices, and I think a lot of times they don't mean to disrespect what we are doing, they just don't see why x is different than z.   Is there a special reason your MIL wanted your dd to have this doll? Funny thing, my 5 yo have been asking...
My oldest was about a year old when Laci Peterson disappeared. The thought of her being pregnant and wanting her baby so badly just tore me up. I followed the case at the old CTV boards. I definately DON"T think you are crazy or weird for following true crime. I follow it also.   My nervous mom thing is heights. I hate heights. I hate the thought of being in an airplane. I am fairly sure someone is going to fall out of the roller coaster car and die every time I see...
It is filed at our library under Bryant, Margaret A., call number 372.24. At the bottom it says by Margaret A. Bryant, Marjorie Keiper, and Anne Petit. It looks like this:   http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Winter-Childrens-Literature-About/dp/1569762058    I know there are also books for spring and fall (I think you are supposed to start with fall) but I don't think there is one for summer since they are geared towards school. 
I checked out a book called  Learning About Winter with Children's Literature  today. It uses works by Frank Asch, Ezra Jack Keats, and Tomie de Paola, among others. I figured we would try it and see if we like it.
We have a local museum that has classes. They don't encourage or discourage you from coming with your child, but they do make you pay for a museum admission even if all you are doing is sitting in the hall outside of the classroom! We went to a couple of classes there which my oldest liked but I hate the fact that there is a charge for every freaking little thing, even storytime.
I think the different color idea might work. One problem she has is not lining up the numbers correctly.   She was doing fine in multiplication until long division started confusing her. When she gets nervous about one thing sometimes it floods into other things that she CAN do. I am hoping that once she can get a handle on long division she will go back to doing her multiplication better.   I'm not sure if the cups would confuse her more or not, but it's...
Arghhh!   My dd has trouble with long division and multiplying anything that has two numbers on the top and bottom (ex. 56 x 23). Every day we work on these kind of problems, it is like starting with a fresh slate. She doesn't seem to retain any of the information! After I help her with two or three problems she may be able to do a few on her own, but not always. I am so frustrated! I hope someone has some tips for helping her retain this info so we can move on to...