or Connect

Posts by camracrazy

I was 130.7 today. My youngest dd found my measuring tape so I measured again. Since March I have lost 15 inches all over my body. My upper arms only went down an inch (on each arm). My thighs only went down an inch (on each thigh).  I need to get rid of these stinking thighs!!!
LOL Is my oldest at your house?   She does this ALL THE TIME. It drives me bonkers. And she cannot simply answer a question with a yes or no. It has to be a 5-10 minute long perusal of every time this particular thing you are asking about has happened to her in her life and what she did in those other situations. It is completely maddening!   Sometimes I end up covering my ears and saying, "Okay, okay, okay" until she stops, but you are probably looking for...
Well I'm down to about 131. I haven't followed my diet and exercise as closely as I should have because a lot of things have happened. My Grandpa was put into hospice a couple of weeks ago and died last Friday. His funeral was Tuesday. My MIL is in the hospital and they aren't quite sure what is wrong with her. I took my youngest to the Dr today because she was wheezing and she has bronchitis.   It would be so easy to slip back into old habits but then I would just...
I would tell the other mom, "I am trying to teach dd that having a fit will not get her what she wants, so please don't offer to let her take home a toy when she is having a tantrum."   I had this problem with my oldest. She would cry and carry on when we left grandma's house. Grandma or Grandpa would always try to give her snacks, a small toy, etc. because they hated to see her cry. I had to be VERY firm in expressing that they were contributing to the ongoing...
Wow, you could be talking about my grandma.   She helped raise us and is still a big part of my life. She has been taking care of my grandpa for the past few years with his medical problems and Alzheimers. He passed away last week.   I don't know if it is the stress of being a caregiver or what, but she has totally lost her internal edit button! A month or so ago she saw one of my childhood friends who used to spend a lot of time with me when I was with my...
This is a timely thread for me. I recently dropped about 15 lbs (35 in total but that was over the course of 3 years stopping and starting again!). I have started putting on make up most days and actually fixing my hair instead of just pulling it back. I donated most of my "frumpy" shirts so I wouldn't be tempted to wear them again, and then discovered that I hardly have any shirts to wear to the gym! I need to get some new pants because mine are fitting pretty loosely...
We have a place like that but it has shelves in it. Maybe I should take all the crap out and fix it up for the kids. Hmmm.... Could you put a half-door on it with a little shelf on top of the door? That would open up a lot of play scenarios! 1) Hang a tension rod up in the top half with two curtains pulled back - puppet theater 2) Grocery store check-out 3) Restaurant order window 4) Post office 5) Drive thru window (fun if they had cars or trikes they...
If you posted a sample menu of your day here I'm sure there are lots of posters who could give you tips.
My weight was going down, down, down, then I jumped on the scale one morning and it said I gained 4 lbs!! I ended up starting my period that day and made a vow NOT to weigh myself until it was over. You could try entering your calories and excercise into a program like www.sparkpeople.com . It's free to join and will help you get a better idea of calories going in and calories being used by exercise. I once worked out at the gym for a whole month 3-4 times a week...
Are you eating enough protein? If I eat a lot of carbs I feel like I am starving all day. I recently went low-carb and I don't eat nearly as much as I used to! I would also snack all the time but I've lost my desire to do that. I don't know if low-carb is recommended during nursing, though.