or Connect

Posts by kolleen9

I'd spend a few bucks at the next paycheck and pick up a good vitamin (Every Man's One Daily by New Chapter Organics) that doesn't need to be taken with food and let him live on ramen and cereal provided that he prepared it himself. You can do the big box of burgers, but I'd limit his amount since that's going to be hard on the gut. Again, as long as he prepared them himself since you are already cooking for the family. good luck! Kolleen
1. Sounds like your daughter has tenacity. I don't see it as a bad thing, just something that may make it harder on you now. I wouldn't ask her to not to say it anymore. I would just reply "I'm making it now" as many times as she asks. As for the manners, if you model them, she'll pick them up. Just give it time. Here are some responses: We only take one vitamin a day, would you like a carrot? We do not hit living things, but we can make a punching bag if you want to hit...
s: You son is lucky that you recognize this as a bad thing. Forgive yourself and be gentle with yourself. -K
What an amazing article. Thanks so much for sharing. When I hear about dying arts, I get a pit in the bottom of my stomach... :sigh: -Kolleen
If you're handy with a sewing machine then making the hats, scarves, throws would be good as gifts. It will save you bux next holiday time. If you don't have enough people in your gift-giving for hats etc, Simplicity has a free lounge pant pattern on their Sewing Class 101 website that would take up a few yards and would make a great gift. The pattern fits teens to adults. There's always painting on it for the kids.. at least most of the green would be covered up! -Kolleen
Quote: Originally Posted by applejuice I went to private and public school, NOT vaccinated, as did my nine younger siblings starting in the late 1950s to 1990 applejuice, I'm so envious that you weren't vaccinated! Kudos to your parents for seeing through the mucky-muck in the late 50s. My dad was pretty crunchy back then but we were still vaccinated (a sarcastic 'thanks mom'). -Kolleen
Quote: Originally Posted by anywaybecause Call the place up & ask them what skills are necessary for the wobblers level; then enroll your dd for the class that she is most ready for. I think, even if she is in an "easy" class, at 1 year old, it will be fun no matter what. Plus, if you attend one or two classes and it is clear that she belongs in the wobblers instead of squeakers, talk to the instructors about switching classes. good luck, & have...
Quote: Originally Posted by kama'aina mama I've been thinking about this thread and it makes me really sad that people are still discussing "Will you still love your child if she/ he is gay?" It's not 1954. I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this thread. It would be like saying would you still love your kid if they had freckles, or were born a different color than you, or had webbed feet, or were short...
I agree with [b]Theoretica[/quote], modeling is the best scenario. When my son was younger he'd see me take long baths, play soft music, meditate etc. in order to sooth my stress. Now that he's a teen, I see him do the same things. When he was young, I was there to soothe him because I don't expect a little kid to soothe themselves. hth, Kolleen
Quote: Originally Posted by hipumpkins To which I said with an agreeing chuckle and nod, "I know..i am totally going to say that when I get older too" she huffed away..I found the tortellini Fan-effen-tastic!!! How come nobody says snide remarks to me now that I'm older, wiser and more apt to have a come-back than slink away in disgust :/ -K