or Connect

Posts by kolleen9

Happy B'day and congrats on the next stage in motherhood... I just LOVED the toddler years! -Kolleen
A big thanks to the mods and admin who have helped to oversee the entanglement of N&CE or Politics. As someone who just started getting used to this place, I will miss those forums. I have moderated a controversial board from the 1995 to 2006 with over 200,000 members and 30,000 active members. I know first hand how hard it can be to make sure people keep up with the UA. I know how hard it is for a member to keep up with them too, especially if one is a member of many...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But it is a whole-family event and he was allowed to invite two friends. It's been a long-standing policy in our family that birthdays are family celebrations. My son had a laser tag party and the other moms and dads joined in. Those that didn't sat in the lounge and chatted. Maybe your family would consider it? What about ice or roller skating? archery? a...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit it took me a minute to figure it out and i'm 21 i have never heard it called that before. a lil ot, but I get a word a day from http://www.urbandictionary.com so it keeps me up to date with having a teen. And my son is still young enough to think it's cool that I know and use the words/acronyms. /kolleen
Especially because this is the digital age, I'm not sure if those kids know how it will effect them the rest of their life. Getting into college, getting a job, running for office etc. If these were the kids getting caught, how many are doing that and getting away with it? Which begs the question: Will we have a whole generation of kids that can't run for office in the future or will we begin to accept nude pictures as cavalier as we accept a past fling in our elected...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom If you really cared about the truth, you wouldn't be taking that statement as truth. It is hearsay. Thank you for pointing that out. As with life, the "truth" is all we know at the time until more information is available. What we know right now is that she was asked to tuck the tail in and put the ears back. /kolleen
Quote: Originally Posted by ramama I have little faith in this school, seeing as how they haven't offered an explanation for their behavior, or any regret over the outcome (which they could totally do without even admitting any wrongdoing). To me, they either have nothing additional to offer, or everything to hide. And it's very obvious that they do not care for this child in any way. For legal reasons the school CAN'T say anything. I hope the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua It amounts to the same thing. An autistic child was asked to remove something for in their minds no good reason. I don't care if you keep throwing 'false assumption' around. It amounts to the same thing. She was Triggered She was Attacked And then she was arrested for defending herself. Who cares about the semantics? I care about truth. When a pp associated "tucking the tail in and the ears back" with...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom [snip]I can't believe there is even debate going on over this. An eight year old girl was held down? For not taking a shirt off and for trying to leave the scene? [snip] (mistaking it for a request to strip perhaps??) I can't believe this false assumption is still being bandied about. She was NOT asked to remove her clothing. She was asked to tuck the ears back and the tail in. /kolleen
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua Simple recourse is to stand in front of the door, if that is not an option then the second recourse is to send them to their 'time out' area in the office with their hoodie on. I agree that this is the most passive and smartest way to handle the situation. But we still don't know if the incident happened in the classroom or in her quiet room in the office. Quote: And walking through a door is not a...