or Connect

Posts by Chinese Pistache

I really like this site for information on how to get the baking right: http://glutenfreemommy.com/gluten-fr...d-baking-tips/ She has some good recipes, too. I loved her oat and millet bread. I had a basic baking mix (used for pancakes usually), but I had a lot of stand alone flours, too. Different flours work for different things. I made and UNcornbread with sorghum flour, for example. It had the heavier texture of corn that rice flour couldn't duplicate. Don't...
Hi everyone. It's been such a long time since I last posted. I was really active on this board for a couple of years, but I ran into a crummy year and sort of fell off. However, I just wanted to pop in because my dd who was allergic to corn, soy and dairy and a few other things has officially outgrown her food allergies. We worked on gut-healing for 3 1/2 years and then reintroduced foods slowly (she was never ana, though she was IgE). To be sure, I had her blood...
Why don't you tell them that they're welcome to see your children at YOUR house under YOUR supervision?
bump
Can I ask a couple of questions? Do you ever "go off" the diet? And if so, what kinds of foods do you add back in? WRT green smoothies, I've read differing things about the bio-availability of greens like spinach. Some say that greens need to be cooked to get at the calcium and such, but the green smoothie people say they don't. What's your opinion? (Or Fuhrman's, because I haven't yet read the book). And finally, but maybe tmi, when you drink green smoothies...
That is great news, Beth! We recently reintroduced several foods to our dcs and they are eating them with no problems. It's so great to see improvements! Congrats!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sierra I'll come back to post more tomorrow. Right now I'm at work and need to get back to business. I took a Love and Logic course while doing therapeutic foster care for kids who had not developed internal motivation due to the way they'd been parented previously. There were aspects of it I didn't go for, but other aspects I found helpful. I have also used a few aspects of the classroom version in the religious schools I...
I have a child like this. She is both reserved and also lacks confidence in some ways. We give her lots of opportunities to "come out" but it's up to her if she takes them. We don't force it. Also, we realize that she just takes time to warm up to people and situations. It's a good quality, imo. She's extremely observant and perceptive. When it comes to trying new things, she gets very worried. What has helped her is to remind her of the many other "hard things" she has...
I'd say, "I'm sorry, but in our home we do not scream at each other that way. You need to leave right now." She's testing your boundaries so you need to let her know where they are.
I made some muffins that just did not turn out. They basically just crumble in your hand. But they taste really good (banana-oat-millet muffins). Any ideas on what to do with the crumbs? I have about 10 muffins worth. Thanks