or Connect

Posts by RachelGS

I had a TERRIBLE time with this when my first child was a toddler. The solution for me was daily evening primrose oil. It took about a month of taking it really every single day before it was clear that it was doing its thing, but it completely stopped the painful, cracking, crazy nipple soreness that followed ovulation.
Both of mine nightweaned around two, when they were ready and I needed them to do it. Honestly, both times it was very, very gentle and easy. If it hadn't been, I would have concluded that they still really needed to nurse at night. It's hard when you're tired. I was never one of those people who could just sleep through nursing, and it's rough not to ever, ever sleep all night. But I'll tell you, in retrospect, that I don't have any regrets about letting them nurse...
My personal experience of Dr. Lindeman was unfavorable. He missed a brewing pneumonia in my baby and we wound up with a frightening ER visit later that day. My infant was sick enough to require IV antibiotics and breathing help. Dr. Lindeman had told us just to give him some Tylenol. We're with Katharine Barnard now and like her. She would rather we vaccinate but has not pushed at all and is attentive and warm.
Print this out and take it to your therapist. No kidding. Use it in your work and ask T what it means to him that you feel hopeless. If he doesn't respond, think about therapy on your own to figure out what that means to you and what you need to be doing to get yourself into a healthier, happier situation. :
I always say, "So, wait, you're saying that because a child can articulate her needs, we should refuse to meet them? What kind of strategy is that?"
Yeah, I should clarify: this is all about handling these patients in the hospital. It isn't just for people who work on the psych floor, either, but for people who work all over the hospital and encounter really hard-to-work-with patients.
Marketing, marketing, marketing. Call everyone you can think of. Take lots of people to lunch and explain to them why your services will benefit THEM. Connect with anyone likely to support your business: chiropractors, midwives, lactation consultants, doulas. Ask everyone you meet with who else they know that you should talk to. Find places to give lectures and write articles locally. Figure out who writes about parenting issues in your local paper and call that...
I'm a clinical psychologist, and I've been asked to speak at grand rounds at a local hospital about working with difficult patients. I just wanted to solicit some ideas about what might be helpful to hear about as a doctor or nurse. What would you hope for from a talk like this?
I don't have curly hair but have sent several curly-haired friends and they've all been extremely happy with Eddie at Starz in Sudbury. He's great and has given me consistently the best haircuts I've ever had.
Yonit, if you want to PM me with more details, I can probably help you find someone. I'm a clinical psychologist and am connected to a listserv that's very helpful for finding good referrals.