or Connect

Posts by sunbaby

ok, i totally think there is a big ol' misunderstanding happening. i a NOT not not saying i am keeping her at a school where she is unhappy so i can be happy. i am simply sharing the fact that this is a huge difficult change for me. and i think its ok to admit that. and anyway, i am letting her change, but she wasnt even UNhappy where she was, in fact most everyone who meets her finds her happy confident and outgoing, i think she is just recognizing the fact that...
wow. thankyou. has anyone ever told you you give one heck of a pep talk? i can so relate to the amount of work one has to do to get the school to do its job. basically her tacher said dd is behind in everything so she needs to practice math and reading every night plus all summer. um, isnt that called homeschool? so why am i driving her here every day plus volunteering plus getting milked for cash. i mean really, i dont mind helping and supporting her academic...
ok, i havent gone through and read all the posts, so i dont know if anyone else has posted a similar theme. i am sad and scared to leave. we are at a charter waldorf school, so some of the politics around financial aid etc are much better than at a private, but still there is this smoke screen feeling. you know, like i ask a question and the teacher or director goes on and on as if she is answering my question, but it is some vague lala cr@p that doesnt really leave...
oh linda, one difference though from your interpretation to mine, i am thinking she didnt want to talk to me because she was afraid to upset me, but you are thinking it was just because she figured it wouldnt make any difference...i think it would be useful for me to check with her on her motives... heavenly, did you mean to sound harsh? i am feeling a little tender by the way that was worded, with caps and all. the whole reason i am bringing this up here is to sort my...
linda on the move, i am totally already on track with you. this dynamic deserves real attention. i want her to feel like she can tell me what she needs, even if she thinks i might not like hearing it. this is a generations old family dynamic i am afraid. thanks all for the feedback. actually, upon reflection, some of my fear is of the longer drive. it would add a lot of driving to my life, the different school is further from home, brothers preschool, and my work. there...
would you absolutely honor this request? or is it just a common grass is greener type thing? some background: dd is going into third grade. she is eight and a half. i have many times been uneasy with the waldorf school she is at, particularly regarding social interactions she reports, and it just sounds like there isnt the level of help i would like her to recieve in academics or with social challenges. i am so on the fence. i hate change, and feel reluctant to...
dhammama, i am so totally agreeing with you on this. dance is so much an expression of personal spirit (at least to me), that it feels like if my dd is copying a pop star that that will sort of BECOME her- i think the media is so pervasive these days, that it is to a large extent affecting who-how-what kids become.
as has already been said, i think most of the young girls who dance in ways we percieve as sexy have been exposed to media that promotes this, music videos and such. seems like an easy problem to solve- turn off the tv, or limit it or whatever. but every family gets to make their own choice. and i dont believe it's for us to say what they chose is wrong or disgusting. (re taterbug, i am editing to ad, becuase your new post came up while i was typing mine, that i am also...
melomama,: i loved your post. super duper thought provoking and right on. about a year ago, there was something on NPR about a new third person singular pronoun that was not gendered. this is unprecedented in our language. the word being used was 'yo'. not as in 'yo, wazzup" but as in, if i ask someone 'who did this?' they could point at a person accross the street and say 'yo, over there' (as in 'that person over there') ok, so i dont know if you all are following me,...
yeah pumpkinyum, she did tellme that, and we did go straight into a conversation from there before i had time to really think about it and i sorta just fell into conversation getting to know you style, and i didnt really think it was all going to be considered an interview. i guess i am just naturally honest and open and trusting. in this situation, big oops. and knowing someone is a certain way doesnt necessarily mean that their choices wont hurt right? like if you...