or Connect

Posts by BabyLilip

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMommaToo We have the recycled tires (rubber mulch). I did have some misgivings about the pollutants. I was reassured that it's totally clean, but I'm still not totally convinced. -e I just loged in to ask the same question.. Like you I'm told that the recycled tire rubber is non-toxic... but I'm not convinced either. I feel like the least would be Asbestos from the asphalt. I think I've become one confused toxic...
Amyshin, I'm sorry that you're going through this too! It's a tough one. My DS also makes sure to remind me every hour that he doesn't wanna go to school. I can tell he's very nervous, specially when we're out he keeps asking where are we going?!!! He doesn't sleep well at night either. I've made my decision and I'm gonna pull him out of this school. Majorly because: 1)He is not used to being away from me. 2) He doesn't speak English, so he can not be comforted by words....
Thank you all... Now I'm sure that this pre-school is not the right fit for us.. I'll keep searchin and first thing on Monday morning, I'm gonna contact the co-op near us. Thanks again, Paris
Thank you all... Now I'm sure that this is wrong!! My gut is definitely telling me that this is not the right thing to do. I regret that I put both of us through that.... I think I'll keep searching and maybe look into co-ops and see which one is the right fit for us... Maybe even a home daycare... I was kind of not sure how the teacher comforts him when he cries non-stop for 2 hours!! Thanks again. Paris
Hi, My DS will be 3 in January and I've been staying home with him since he was born. We don't have many family and friends here, so he has never been separated from me. He has stayed with my mom a few times though. He had no problem with that. He just started preschool, only 2 mornings a week. The first hour he was fine and told me to go out and sit in the car while he was playing with kids, but they said he's been crying for the rest of the first day.. The second day...
Hi, My DS will be 3 in January and I've been staying home with him since he was born. We don't have many family and friends here, so he has never been separated from me. He has stayed with my mom a few times though. He had no problem with that. He just started preschool, only 2 mornings a week. The first hour he was fine and told me to go out and sit in the car while he was playing with kids, but they said he's been crying for the rest of the first day.. The second day...
I would suspect a dairy intolerance as well... My DS had all the signs of dairy intolerance (stuffy nose, colic, gas, rash and fussiness) and I still didn't realize what it was! Finally I found out at about age 9 month that he had dairy allergy. None of the doctors told me anything about dairy as a possible source of problem, until I joined mothering board! Thank you mothering.
DS(2) was just diagnosed with an ear infection! He had a low grade fever for 4 days and he was very very fussy! Never complained about his ear though. I didn't realize how it was different from other viral cold/flus he used to get. The nurse I talked to said the viral infection fever doesn't usually last more than 72 hours.... I also noticed a little bit of discharge from his ear and that was it. So I would say three major signs could be fever for more than 72 hours,...
A question for Wendy1221... I just found out through another post that you learned about Liam's allergies through elimination diet. I was wondering if you did this through breastmilk or direct feeding? Since my allergist has advised me not to give ds any nuts (absolutely no peanuts) before he is 3 and before another skin test, do you think I could try elimination through breast milk? I'm thinking maybe I could try nuts and dairy and see how it goes... Just a thought...
I've cut the dairy off my diet since ds had his first skin reaction to dairy at 8 month old. I was trying to give him some formula for the first time, before it gets to his mouth, it got on his face and his chin and he had a severe case of hives in just a few minutes! Maybe he even swallowed some, but I didn't know I should have checked inside his mouth for reaction as well!!! Anyway I've been dairy free ever since. I even cut the trace amounts of dairy off my diet when ds...