or Connect

Posts by granolamom

I love the name Shiloh......
I have been here since 9/2002...wow.....
Much thanks all
Babymae...Thank you.....( you are right one)    I started reading Mothering back when the readers I knew were  just a group of hippies, trying to live as natural lives as possible and raise their kids so...and  when I first started posting on MDC ( wow 10 years ago) most posters seemed to fall into that category ....then is all changed...   Comments such as the one you mentioned(babymae) are the reason I stopped coming around...     "If your son is still...
Thanks for all the advice..Alanon is in the plans...   I am trying to work thru my anger and disappointment at both parents, their choices have not made their lives any more complicated ( at least for the moment)..but their choices have complicated my life and my plans for the very near future ...that may seem selfish but I am just venting and being honest...my partner and I are heavily involved in politics and had planned on being in Ohio for the months of Sept and...
Thanks everyone..   I am so angry at both these parents...   DS seems to be forever about 15,,,,Oh, he loves his kids but he doesnt really parent in my eyes....he says he has stopped drinking, who knows...but we live MILES from the closest store and there is now NO alcohol in the house...   The kids mom bar tends and goes out every night ( we are still Facebook friends)...she says she wants them to visit but only a day or so a week...   I spoke with my...
Thanks everyone...well things changed again last night...My son's X ( they were never married) parents feel they can no longer keep the three year old, they brought her back to her mom's new apartment ( where she is living with two friends who do not want kids living there)and dropped her off. My son received a phone call from X saying, come get her ,I cant deal with it.....so last night I went and picked up son, granddaughter and brought them to the farm.     We...
My daughter used Vanderbilt Nurse Midwives twice and loved them...Margaret was her midwife...she was born at the farm...my DD had two natural deliveries...birth plans followed at every step...   Best of luck to you  
Alphagetti..THANK YOU  
Thanks Purplerose...   Until now I spent much more time with my oldest daughters kids ( soon to be 6-4) and I do not want them to feel they are being slighted by their Mimi....It is a hard situation to muddle thru......I am just taking it day by day, heck,,,hour by hour......and spending special time iwth the others when ever it is possible...     Thanks for your views.....