or Connect

Posts by citymama

One more thought - when my first DD was 3 she loved, loved, loved the book "Contrary Mary". If you can find it, it is a great reminder to be playful!
LOL! Love the subject line. I don't know who is having a harder time with my cutie pie 3-yo DD - my 6 yo or myself. When I am at wits end, I am reminded to simplify life. Though we are tempted by a reward chart. I never considered this with our first daughter, but our second is truly a piece of work. Norasmama, my 3 yo has also drawn blood, pulled hair, and more!!
Over the past year, my now 6-yo DD has exhibited signs of stress and anxiety. The most prominent symptom was an excessive "need" to pee at night. It started as a physical problem - her labia were irritated last summer from too much sand/sea/pool. But even after her physical outward symptoms resolved, we found that her repeated need to get up at night for a trip to the bathroom was related to stress. She had started Kindergarten and was not used to the group dynamics and...
My 5-yo started Kindergarten at a neighborhood school. she is a sensitive girl, but never has troubles making friends. Her enjoyment of school and making new friends is being eclipsed by some of the social dynamics among girls she knows. There are two girls she really likes and enjoys and that she's known from the neighborhood but not been close to. It was exciting for her to have these kids in her class and they really seemed to bond in the first week or so of school. ...
My 5 yo had been complaining that her vagina hurts (though really her vulva - we haven't been anatomically precise with her). She also has urges to pee, even when she does not need to go. A UTI has been ruled out and we've been letting her spend lots of time naked and done warm baths and some zinc cream at the suggestion of her pediatrician. It does not seem to be improving after a few days. She is fine when distracted, but really upset at other times. I was doing a...
My 4.5 year-old is a bit tired of our books. what are you reading these days?? She seems interested in longer stories... as in short chapter books like Ivy & Bean (though not so enthralled by some of the things the characters do). thanks!
Just popping in to say quick hello! I can't believe our little ones are already hitting 18 months. It is unbelievable! DD2 still doesn't say much - just points and squawks for what she wants which is driving us a little batty even though I mostly get her what she wants before she asks... But she does have some incredibly cute expressions, especially her when she's doing something mischievous. Of course, watch out for the times when she wants something she can't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by MidnightCommando Can we talk poo? When DD is at daycare she only drinks water and has very hard stools - she strains and cries when they come out. I've been told to give her juice but she won't drink it. She eats a ton of fruit but it doesn't seem to help. I noticed a tiny hemorrhoid last night. Toddlers aren't supposed to have hemorroids!! Any advice? How are your LO's poos? . What kinds of fruits does...
Quote: Originally Posted by loveandkindness I would clarify with the permanent teacher that the male student teacher is NEVER alone in the classroom without another teacher present. Your DD's discomfort should be a red flag -- kids don't make up these kinds of feelings. Take my warning with a grain of salt -- I am freaky about males in authoritarian positions because of past abuse -- but I can remember as a child having a strong dislike instantly for a...
Thanks, mamas! I do not bring it up, but DD has been bringing it up quite a bit over the last few days. I do try to keep it matter-of-fact and not say too much without ignoring the issue. But, gosh, it really does make me a bit uneasy. I'll keep in mind all your advice - especially just letting her talk without saying much - and see what happens. Her teachers are just keeping her busy and she gets engaged, but does have one eye on the student teacher. Fortunately,...