or Connect

Posts by MidnightCommando

I know there have been some great articles posted about the dangers of CIO, ne was written from the baby's perspective. I'd love to pass these onto some people I think might benefit from reading them. Can anyone help out? Thanks!
i'm so disheartened hearing of everyone's trouble with BW in public.  It really shocked me reading these posts since I have never received anything but positivity when wearing both of my kiddos.  Not long ago I had an elderly woman at Fred Meyer approach me and tell me she's glad to see women are carrying their babes again.  I have no advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry you all are experiencing this ignorance.
DD2 is 3 months and loves being worn in the maya/moby/bjorn but only if I'm moving.  Even if she's really asleep as soon as I sit down or stand in one place for a while like in the kitchen prepping food, she wakes up and is not happy.  I think it would help if I was able to nurse her while worn but I have trouble doing it (never mastered it with dd1) plus she has an upper lip tie and I literally need to hold my breast in her mouth when nursing since she has such a weak...
It depends on how you feel and how baby is doing. We took dd2 camping at 4 weeks but I was feeling great and dd seems to sleep better outside. In fact, I joke we should set up camp in our yard since she seemed to like it so much. We do have a travel trailer which made things easy, I.e. could throw the heat on at night if it got too cold. For dd1 we took her camping at 7 months in a tent and that was fine too. My mom bought a mosquito net that fits over a bassinet,...
Miss Violet made her entrance shortly after midnight last night. Had an intense natural birth at the hospital with my family and doula. little girl is 6lb 9 oz and 19 inches. Estimated age of gestation 36.4 weeks and we have some breathing issues. Might be underdeveloped lungs or an infection so we will be in the hospital ate least a few days. Poor little munchkin has no interest in breast feeding right now but hope she will have enough energy soon. She is soo...
With DD1 we used a bassinet next to the bed for the first month or so and then she ended up in our bed at night with naps in her crib.  For a multitude of reasons, I would like to co-sleep with this baby but want to avoid her in the bed with us.  I found an Arms Reach co-sleeper in new condition at a local consignment store for a pretty good price.  It was missing a part so they ordered a replacement and held it for me.  I found out the part is on back-order and could be...
I'm bringing a doula this time!  Our hospital is actually pretty baby/mama friendly and has a bunch of cool labor toys and tubs.  I happened to get stuck with a visiting OB with DD1 and it changed the entire game :(  I made sure my OB would be in town this time and hired a doula who rocks so I think this will make all the difference.    Definitely bring your own pillow with pillowcase and your own clothes  - hospital gowns blow.  A handkerchief dabbed with lavender...
Go get a pedicure and try to find someone that knows the accupressure points in the feet.  Acupuncture could help too.  
I don't have any pics since I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you right now.  I feel stalled since I'm waiting for DH to bring a few things down from the attic and go pick up a dresser at my mom's house. I just wanted to commiserate with you - it's frustrating!  It still would be a relief to have the nursery done even though we won't use it for a while.  One less thing to stress about right? Plus I think there is something calming about being in a baby's room.  With DD1 I...
bumping this back up from March