or Connect

Posts by anna

I love the explanation that my mother gave me regarding makeup use when I was a kid. She told me that God made little girls so naturally pretty, with rosy cheeks, pink lips, and sparkling eyes that they didn't NEED makeup like grownup women did. I completely bought into this and felt more than a tinge of pride at my young "natural" beauty, and thus held off at least a couple of extra years before bugging my mother about lipstick, etc. The earliest and most earnest...
I love that idea! Perhaps local LLLI or API groups would be willing to coordinate something. Below is the only address available at the web site, but it is just Time Inc's customer service center . Obviously the target of choice would be Real Simple's central offices. Anyone have a copy of that rag on hand to check it out? "Special Note for Parents The site you are visiting is one of the Time Inc. general audience sites. For more information about our online...
OK, here's how I spent my morning... Dear Editors, I recently read the article in August's issue "20 Rules to Break Now." Putting aside the weighty concerns of infant nutrition and nurturing, I am amazed that anyone could perceive bottle-feeding to be easier than nursing. The additional preparation (while baby is screaming), supplies (requiring daily maintenance), expense (well over $1000/yr), and planning (is the baby going to run out of food?) involved are far...