or Connect

Posts by ChristyMarie

So very important to remember especially as the winter storm months are coming!   We have grills we can use as well as a propane camp stove.  But we also have outdoor space where we can use them safely.  Apartment dwellers often do not have that option.
  How do you get ready in a few days without a car to transport all of the extra supplies?  How many trips on the subway does it take to stockpile enough water?  On a bus?  How about if you have to take the children with you?   What if you don't have the extra cash to buy all those extra supplies on short notice? What if all the stores near you are sold out, you rely on public transportation and cannot get out to a more suburban store that still has stock? What happens...
I think you are wrong in assuming that a power outage due to a winter storm is the same as a power outage due to a huge, massive hurricane.  Which brings water.  Lots of water.    I'm fairly well prepared for a standard weather caused disruption of utilities.  Bad snow storm?  We'd be fine for about a week.  Cold but fine.  However, no amount of alternate heat sources are going to help when your house has 10 feet of water in it.  And when the scale of the disaster is...
  No child should ever have to beg their parents to buy mouse traps.  Let alone offer to dispose of them.  Never. Call an exterminator TODAY.  This has clearly gone beyond what you can handle on your own and your children should not have to live in a home where they see mice climbing the stairs and fear them running across their beds at night.  Cleaning will not get rid of mice.  They don't care how clean your house is, they will find something to eat.  You have to...
  Um, you might want to check your local fire code.  Those types of locks are often against code in residential dwellings.  For a good reason - adults and especially children cannot open one if there's no key in the event of a fire.

My local nursery does a seedling swap each year.  Bring in your extras and you get credit for each one you bring in.  Then they sort them all and you get to pick out different ones to take home.  Might be worth looking into if you always have extras.
  That is simply not true.  Sorry but it isn't.  Several of our hospitals now have birthing tubs in the rooms.  Two of the ones I toured had birthing balls and squat bars in the rooms.  Many have groups of midwives who deliver in the hospital.  Yes, the midwives work under an OB but you can definitely have a midwife + hospital birth.  And  many OB's are VBAC friendly.   You cannot make such a statement about the entire Chicago area.  It simply is not true.   It looks...
        So you both feel comfortable making factual statements as long as you don't, oh, have to backup those "facts."  Good to know.  Thanks for contributing your opinions to the topic.   Have a good night ladies.  And remember, everything you read on the internet isn't true.  ;)
    Statistics to back up your statement please.  Because, frankly, I think you pulled the bolded out of thin air with absolutely no proof beyond your thoughts.  And from the statements you made in this post that are incorrect (especially about goldens and german shepherds) I'm not sure your thoughts on dog breeds are all that accurate.  This thread does not need any more false truths about dogs in it. If you want to provide the relevant data to back up your statements...