or Connect

Posts by terran631

You ladies are still a constant source of inspiration! Especially when it comes to working out.  I realized I forgot to check in on Sunday but this week has been very stressful.  I was proud of myself though because I didn't drink soda (which I desperately wanted) and I didn't overeat.   So   Starting weight: 232 (March 10th) Last week: 220.5 This week: 218 Goal Weight: 145 (by the end of the year )))) Mini Goal Weight by April 30th: 209   I may or...
I find I don't have the willpower to put myself on a Strict diet. I do much better when I can still eat my favorite foods but use portion control. I admire you ladies who have that kind of willpower.    Things good for me in March: I kicked the soda habit. I havent had soda in a month and I dont miss it!  Exercise. I have been working out at least 90 minutes 6 days a week and am on track for the C25k Lost 11.5  pounds   Things not so good. I dont drink as...
Hey Ladies.  I know how it feels to struggle with binge eating. I am trying to eat healthy but really have declared nothing off limits completely. I did make myself a deal that if I ate anything "extra" I had to compensate by working it off in the gym. It's funny how easier it is not to binge when you know it'll cost you another hour on the elliptical.  The only thing I did completely eliminate was soda. I am now two weeks soda-free and it really wasn't as hard as I...
Motivated Mama- Yup! I will be on Week 2 day 1 tomorrow. Today is strength/core day so I'm not doing any running today. But I finished week one yesterday.  I am doing a 5k in 12 weeks so I figure I can extend out the Couch to 5k if I run into any trouble in a given week.  I don't anticpate trouble this week because the jogging for 1 minute seemed relatively easy last week but some of those weeks make me nervous. LOL
Wow, you ladies are giving me real hope and motivation.  I am aspiring to run a half marathon in October. I've never done any kind of running before and I absolutely ALWAYS hated running. So now I'm determined to love it. I started my training one week ago. So I have my running goals and my weight goals.   Weight:   Starting weight: 232 (March 10th) This week: 228 Goal Weight: 145 (by the end of the year)   Running Goal:   March: Run 1 minute Walk 2...
Please take my advice and my BtDt for what it's worth.  Our situations are similar but definitely not identical.  My exhusband  promised me the moon when we got married. He would always take care of me. He didn't want me to work. He wanted me home to raise our children.  He wanted to be the bread winner and provide a wonderful life for his family.  We had two children. Our youngest was not quite two years old when he decided that being the bread winner, husband and...
I'd like to join too for the new year. Actually, I started yesterday. I've started listing goals for myself and action steps to get there. My first step is to cut out Pepsi.  I've done that in the past and went for about two years without drinking it. I really started hating the taste of it after awhile. When I cut out the pepsi and started to work out, I dropped about 40 pounds in 8 months with no trouble. Unfortunately the kids got chicken pox back to back and i got a...
So, Ds (12) hasn't been to see his pediatrician in like three years. The pediatrician was always nice to us about our choice not to vaccinate and we've gotten along rather well.  Anyway, DS needed  a physical in order to participate in a sport activity, so we made an appointment to see his pediatrician.  There was no way I could take him because of my work schedule, so I had his father (my ex) take him.  My ex and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but when it...
I don't think he gets a lot of parental supervision. I have talked with him several different times about how his behavior is not appropriate. But there is a certain amount of decorum that is expected at a martial arts school and I can't offer leeway on that. Ive caught him making out with his girlfriend in our cloak room and I have tried to tell them both that I understand that they have feelings for each other and they want to express their feelings but this is not the...
DS just turned 12 and he and I have a great relationship. He will even say "I know you have to be my mom first, but you really are my friend" and I love hearing him say that. That being said, he does have friends his own age, both boys and girls that he enjoys hanging out with. I own a martial arts school so a lot of his friends are the kids from our school. This means that I know his friends and they're parents fairly well. There is one boy in particular who is...