or Connect

Posts by Mom2Joseph

OMG that's it!!! THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH! I have driven not only myself, but my kids crazy today looking for this pattern! I can't afford to buy these dresses and desperately need some of these for DD before fall/winter hits here in FL. Will order ASAP. *whew* Huge sigh of relief! Gotta love the ladies here on MDC!
HI ladies, I haven't posted in forever but really need some help. I need a knit dress pattern in size 5T - 6 for my daughter. It needs to be long sleeved. I love the Hanna Anderson, LL Bean type dresses. I know on a post a few years ago someone said kwik sew used to have a dress pattern like this and now I can't find it! My daughter has issues that prevent her from wearing pants and I am desperate to find a pattern so I can make her some dresses. I have looked...
If I were in the OP's shoes I would not be rushing to marry *anyone*. The OP's judgement obviously hasn't been the best as of late and I'm not sure racing into a marriage right now is going to 'fix' much of anything....and actually may complicate things unduly for all parties concerned. Just imagining the legal fees alone at this point gives me the heebie-jeebies. To the OP - I do commend you for making a choice that is right for you - having the child - when in...
tummy sleeping was fine in their bed but not co-sleeping. Never had a problem. Nothing but a sheet on the mattress.
I use folded microfiber cloths. I get a pack of 24 for $9 at Sam's club, cut in half and voila - 58 pads. They can be folded for width or length, are soft, super, major absorbent and oh so comfy. I will use nothing else ever again! I also cut them into 4ths and use instead of panty liners, cotton balls, etc. I use them for everything! Just rinse on cold, then wash on hot.
If there is left over brown rice in the fridge we have Cheesy Brown Rice - br. rice, butter and parm cheese...My kids love it. Bananas served with peanut butter crackers Canned Pears drizzled with Honey and sprinkled with nuts Faux ice cream - rice milk, frozen bananas and any fruit we have on hand (frozen or fresh - I freeze any leftover fruit or yogurt) Blend and serve! tomato sandwiches Canned soup with fruit on the side or fresh bread Scrambled Rice...
I have been home exclusively for the past 5 years and my DS started VPK last week....the same week DD (3) stops co-sleeping. I went through a horrible divorce last year and had my tubes tied so there is no more babies for me. I feel so disconnected all of a sudden. Both kids are thrilled with their new independence and if anything more ready than I. I just feel so empty almost. I feel I barely get to see DS before it's time for bed. I do enjoy the one on one...
5 year old DS loves healthy food but will quickly get used to junk if it is around. DD 3 yrs. will only eat meat and potatoes primarily. Here's what we do now. I make healthy meals with foods we all like also including some 'new' foods for them. Meal times are relaxed, fun and full of good conversation. When meal times are over, the plates go away until the next snack or meal. If they are hungry they will eat and try new foods. I limit acess to junk and if we...
If my DS needs help, I do it for him as he is OCD about being clean nor does he like having a sore butt. He puts corn starch on afterwards and he loooves that! I figure this is one of those things that he'll just get better at over time.
Quote: Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall And a comment on your last question about wanting to know what is going on when your children are not with you... It is perfectly natural for you to want to know these things. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be separated from your babies. On the other hand, in the particular case of my family, if X was "updating DH almost daily" back in the early days I would have felt she was trying to keep her...