or Connect

Posts by mamabearing

Quote: Originally Posted by skueppers According to news coverage mentioned in a separate thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=574845 The researchers weren't sure whether the epidural affected the babies' ability to nurse, or whether mothers who opted not to have an epidural were more likely to be persistent about breastfeeding. Too bad it's impossible to design a double-blind study on this subject! I have never been...
I read your post and I just wanted to add two thoughts-- I believe that the hormones of the labor proccess tend to make a woman who might be normally fiesty pretty passive. I believe you when you say you trusted your midwife. Please forgive yourself for that. I think our minds in labor do go into a mode of gratitude toward those who are helping us. I have been at thousands of births and it really is pretty rare for women to stay assertive..I think you may need to...
strong risk of having another...need to be vigilant
I think that the average half a pound a week at term sure APPEARS to be true with Leopolds and sonos. I wish I knew the original research. It appears true to me. I don't however, believe inducing for impending macrosomia makes sense. Those things make me nuts.
I am not an unassisted childbirth fan but at the regular old hospital, if a 37 weeker has GOOD dates, not induced or C/S I really haven't seen issues from preterm. My opinion any issues you might have from being 37weeks would not change much so much at home you would not have plenty of time to bring her to a hospital if she did have issues. I for sure have seen 37 weekers who had transient problems, but almost exclusively with inductions, bad dates and C/S. If you were 36...
Also good for GYN surgery. I am not sure what else they do better than a supportive partner.
Quote: Originally Posted by rozzie'sma I stood up in the stirrups. They had handles and I pulled myself up off the table completely so I was kind of teetering in the things. Really made the OB nervous. And he tried to push my chest down but I almost fell off the table when he did that so he gave up gosh, I saw someone do that once. Was it you? It scared the CRAP out of me. This very tall woman standing on the foot of her bad...it was like...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies She hemorraghed last time, so, yes, you would think they knew the risk and were prepared, but, they thought they were dealing with a regular PPH, and without the technology nor expertise of dealing with bicornate uterus in the past, how can ppl punish them for something that was completely out of their control? The fact she had a bicornuate uterus is really only a predisposing factor, like grand...
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyofBirth I haven't read all the posts so maybe this was already said. Has anybody here who's saying that the mom could have called for help or made a choioce while she was bleeding out ever experienced it? I had a stillborn and hemorrhaged during her birth. I was not in a position to make choices or decisions. I didn't want to die but woud have easily given in to it if I hadn't had proper attention. You can debate all you...
mult post sorry