or Connect

Posts by elisabethmelner

Quote: Originally Posted by gemelos Beth, have you called and couldn't get through to me or you have wanted to call but just haven't had time? I just haven't had a quiet moment to call you! I believe you are 2 hours ahead of me (I'm on the West coast) so it seems like my free time is your dinner time. One of these days....
Quote: Originally Posted by gemelos You are amazing, Beth! I got your PM-please call me anytime. Thanks everyone! It really feels good to still get encouragement and support with breastfeeding the girls. However, I think any of you twin mommas here would be doing the same if you had one more mouth to feed. Supplementing just wasn't even an option for me. It is a time commitment, but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Nancy,...
Congrats on your twin pregnancy! My triplet girls are now 7 months old and have never had a bottle nor solid food. They aren't the biggest babies on the block but healthy and are growing. Luckily I have a wonderful ND that is on board with ebf and advises to hold off on solids for as long as possible. The kicker, my almost 4 year old DS is also still nursing. It almost makes it easier because I can feed two at at time. It also was a godsend in the beginning...
I put my 2 year old son on the 1st stage of Breaking the Vicious Cycle diet in order to heal his leaky gut. After two days of being on it, his poop went from runny w/ undigested food to harder extremely dark (almost black) poop. This has been going on for about 1 1/2 weeks. Before the diet, he was pooping 3-5 times a day and it was always a nasty blowout with food particles still present. He now poops this dark, black poop about once a day. Any thoughts on why his...
While we're asking personal questions, Elisabethmelner, did you homebirth your triplets?[/QUOTE] Nope, I couldn't find enough midwives to attend me for a home birth and ended up with a hospital birth. When my water broke, Maya was in 1st position and her foot was coming out of my cervex (between her other two sisters' heads). One of the stipulations for me to attempt a vaginal delivery w/ the trips was that 1st postion trip had to be head down. So.....c-section it...
I was tandem nursing my 9 month old and 2 1/2 year old when I got pregnant. We were using the rhythm method, which we obviously still didn't have the hang of since this is how we conceived our first two sons. So, the pregnancy was a surprise. When I went in at 20 weeks for an ultrasound we were SHOCKED to find out that I was carrying triplets. : My girls are now 6 months old and we just found out a few weeks ago through a DNA cheek swab test that they are monozygotic...
When I became pregnant with my triplets I was 125 lbs and I'm 5'9". I carried my girls to 36 weeks to the day and they were good birth weights, 5lbs 13 oz, 5 lbs 10 oz and 4lbs 13 oz.. Please encourage her to get a second or third opinion. With a prestine diet and really listening to your body, I fully believe a woman can carry triplets successfully, no matter what her size at conception.
Congrats on your exciting news of triplets! My triplet girls just turned 3 months on Wednesday. I, like you, was bound and determined to ebf my babies. I carried my babies until 36 weeks. They were born with great weights for triplets, 5lbs 13oz, 5lbs 10oz, and 4lbs 13oz. I feel so fortunate that they didn't have to spend any time in the NICU. Most of the triplet moms I've connected with ran into some snags with ebf due to the babies being in the NICU. Your 1st goal...
Thanks for sharing the great pictures of side lying! It really helps to actually see how you are doing it. I'm definitely going to try this since it will work to calm/feed at least two of them at once. I know my husband will appreciate this during the night feedings as well. Any other suggested positions that you use during the day? I tried the twin nursing pillow but just couldn't get it to work correctly. Not too sure why. By the way, you look like such a pro in...
Good for you on not giving up on breastfeeding! It is the best gift you can give your babies. I found the book Mothering Multiples by Karen Gromada quite helpful and supportive. There is a section in this book titled Making Up For a Poor Start that will help you out. As hard as it may be, try not to listen to people who are not supportive of your decision to BF. With some persistance and patience, you can be successful!