or Connect

Posts by Jess's Mom

We all have our days.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned.  If your biggest fail is smoking out your house because you were trying to bake bannana bread, your doing great.  If baking is not in your comfort zone, don't feel you have to push yourself to do it just because it is what you think is expected of a homemaker.  When your kids get a little older, you will have time to play around with your baking skills when your house isn't so crazy.  Relax, your good....
My dh works 3hrs away from home, so he has an apt that his lives in for the week and is home every weekend.  This is not the first time he has done this.  We talked about it before he took the job and I thought it would be okay, I had a very hard time the first time, but felt that I was stronger this time.  I find myself having very strange feelings about the situation this time.  The kids are being a handful and I an having a hard time dealing with that.  I have lost...
I have been on several diffrent medications and have not been able to find one that I am very happy with.  I have taken celexa and didn't feel very diffrent and most recently I have taken cymbalta and while it definatly took the edge off my feelings, it had some side effects that I just couldn't handle.  I gained a lot of weight while on it and I was not at a healthy weight in the first place, I also was sweating constantly and got dizzy.  I thought that I was doing...
Feeling much better about stuff. Talked some stuff out with my husband, got out of the house a little and plan to do it a little more. I hope that the start of school with make life a little better to not have everyone up my hind end all the time. I am also thinking about a part time job, just to get out of the house and feel like I am a little more that just a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but they do drive me to the edge. Thanks all!
I was in counseling, it just never seemed to do anything for me. I don't know if I just never found the "one" or what. Having someone sit in front of me watch me cry just made me feel as if I was being judged or something. I did bring my kids with me one time so he could "get it", I do think he understood a little more after that. I just feel like a am being torn into bits by everyone around me. My mom, who has MS always wants me to bring the kids around. It just...
Thanks
Reality just socked me in the face with this today. I will never get back what I put in to my life and that mean I can never be happy. I have been on meds for over a year now and while I have been doing better, I just don't know if I want to live like this. If I have to have a pill to make me want to live, what is that worth? I did everything in my power to give my daughter this great party today, I thought it was to make her happy. I realized, I was trying to do it...
I take it and it has helped my anxiety and depression a great deal. I have had some side effects that are not great, but are better than the way I felt. I have had weight gain, not so much loss of sex drive, but, it takes a lot longer than it use to and I overheat very quickly now. I would say give it a try and give it time, it does take a while to work, but when it does, you will notice a very remarkable change, or I did anyway.
I am on meds and feel much better than I have felt in a while, but I still have these moments where I just want to run away from my life. I am almost 31, have been married for 12 years have two step children (15/17) 4 bio children (6/3/3/2). My husband works out of town and is only home on the weekend, my 15yr old dss just moved back in with us because he is on probation. Everyone thinks because I live close to my family that I must just have help running out of my...
The situation just got a little worst. He was just caught trespassing with some of his friends and when he called his mom to tell her she told him that she had been laid off from her job and she couldn't come get him. We have had several years of councling for him, he will not talk about anything that has any meaning always changing the subject to video games or something silly. His dad has been sent out of town to work and has been for almost a year now, so he doesn't...