or Connect

Posts by amber913

First of all, thank you to all who wrote kind, thoughtful replies.   To the rest of you: I know sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly what a poster is asking, and even though i believe i was pretty clear, i want to reiterate for your benefit that i was not asking for financial advice.  Least of all was i asking for you to criticize how i handle my finances.  I was simply asking: If your financial situation was like mine, would you get foodstamps?  But as is often...
I would think that when it comes to differences in oils (correct me if i'm wrong), it more has to do with how it feels on your skin, and i can imagine olive oil being harder to wash off--is it?  But i don't think it'll harm your skin at all!  In my research, cystic acne has more to do with what's going on inside your body (hormones, diet, etc.).  When my cystic acne flares up, i start drinking water with a splash of apple cider vinegar once or twice a day and it's gone...
(I'm the OP)  I'm fascinated by the variety of responses!  I can actually tell who's against public assistance for all but the most desperate and who's not.  And i have to say, you've made me realize what side of that fence i'm on.   I don't know anyone who pinches pennies the way i do.  I think some of you would be very surprised to see how we live.  I actually don't make bad financial decisions, to clarify, for those of you who think that i do.  I've made one that...
To clarify:  I have no shame in getting FS.  There are so many contributing factors in our financial situation that it's no use blaming anyone or anything.  In the end, this is where we've found ourselves.  That can easily be explained to the kids.   I'm curious as to what people think about my situation, particularly those who know a thing or two about FS.  People don't often share that they're on FS, so i'm not sure what constitutes NEEDING FS.  Truth be told, when...
If you're happy the way you're living, then that's all that matters.    Different people have different ideas of "strapped".  I've had friends nearly in tears about how to pay rent, yet they go out to eat several times/week.  Either that's a different concept of broke than i'm accustomed to or they're lying...or crazy or something.   We're broke.  Anything we have that's nice was purchased in a different financial time for us (ie. before dh got laid off).  Our...
I need honest opinions.  I believe we make the income requirements.  I applied, gathered and copied all the necessary paperwork to send in...then chickened out.  And this is why:   We have two cars: a 2005 (paid off) and a 2008 (just bought)--they're reliable, newer cars We have 4 pets: 3 cats and a Rottweiler puppy. We still have (basic+) cable and high speed internet.    BUT: DH got the only FT job he could find (believe me, he's been looking!) when he...
I'm a Rottie owner, but i must say:  Keep your kids away and CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES (that would be your local ASPCA, Humane League--whatever you have where you live).  That is no way to keep a dog, nice or not.  That is straight-up abuse, so PLEASE do what you can to get that dog out of that situation.
I have oily, acne-prone skin that gets flaky in winter (best of both worlds, aren't i a lucky girl?), so i wash with a warm, wet wash cloth and slather on some organic aloe vera.  Oil cleansing method helps, too.
What age do you do this?  I have a 6-yo ds who's mature for his age, so i'm starting to think about it.
She leaves marks and makes the crying worse.  I really think either she's playing mother cat (is getting the back of your neck bitten soothing if you're a kitten? or else it's a mother-cat "quiet down so we don't attract attention") or the noise makes her crazy.  She bit my son on the head once.  Last night, she bit my daughter on the back of the neck.  Before she did that, she bit my sleeve.  Yeah, so i can't figure out why.  I'd hoped there would be an expert here.  :)